Random FWC Photos

Just returned from Wisconsin hauling a new Hawk. Here it is parked by its predecessor, a 1982 Grandby. The two represent the difference 31 years of technology can make.

Attachments

• hawkandgrandby.JPG
    hawkandgrandby.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 418
Congrats! Similar experience in Bozeman recently. It's fun to meet people just because you both have a FWC!!

Leaving for God's Country in a month. This was a test run around the block. I will bring the doors when I leave. I hope I get 10 mpg.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 277
riz said:
img_84720_4_1e7bf907127fb91c4a061ec128d91f15.jpg

Winter Park CO
Riz...... That is the way I spent my very first night in my 2007 FWC Eagle in front of the Grand Tetons. Brings back the memories of the trip to get it. No artic Pack and it dropped to -9 degrees F outside. Water froze in coffee pot frost on anything metal inside. It was fricking AWESOME!! Oh yeah and a bird pecking at the stew on top of camper placed there to keep it frozen.

SLO_F-250 said:
Thanks! Yup as Overland said. Full custom color match paint. The black was rustoleum black enamel. Holding up great so far! Details HERE on my build thread on expo. Great picts of the rig and white Mountains BTW! That place is great!

Thanks!
ETAv8or...... WOW MAN!!!! I went through your entire referb thread !!!! That is fricking awesome !!!! I have thought about doing one to my 07 Eagle as I want the new style interior. I have also messed around with a few things lie the fan, 12V and 110V sockets outside added a "patio" light to the driver side. Would like to put solar on top but afraid the kayaks might break the panel. I use mine a lot for triathlons and regattas. Got a few pics posted out here.

Here is a snap shot of our new to us Grandby. Drove 1500 km to pick it up and lived in it for no less than 40 nights right off the bat, touring around Vancouver Island, Sunshine Coast and Coastal Mountains. Met a couple of other awesome FWC owners along the way and had a great time.image.jpg

Sounds great! Congrats on your new camper. Looks like you broke it in good. Seems like a trip report is in order. ;)

Way to go. Thats the best maiden voyage story I've ever heard. How long did you have the FWC bug before you were able to pull the trigger ?
Congrats
Dan T

takesiteasy said:
Sounds great! Congrats on your new camper. Looks like you broke it in good. Seems like a trip report is in order. ;)
Hey thanks takeiteasy. Was a great break in trip, this is our first camper so we really learned a lot with the first trip. Trip report eh? Hmm have to think about that.
DanT said:
Way to go. Thats the best maiden voyage story I've ever heard. How long did you have the FWC bug before you were able to pull the trigger ?
Congrats
Dan T
Thanks Dan. I was looking for a FWC Hawk for about a year and this came up instead. The little bit extra room was welcome as we did the trip with our two dogs ( about 170 lbs worth). We are really happy with how everything worked out. Can't wait for the next trip, and looking forward to sleeping in ski hill parking lots this winter!

here are a couple of pictures of where we just spent four days..

img_87017_0_fd517901477a0a73d9b01fd550a68f69.jpg

Our 81 fleet is in the background.

img_87017_2_190de3947f3f86fb064be0802a0b1822.jpg

Hope to get a few more pictures posted later. with a pic closer up of our rig

Robbie

Back
Top Bottom