Re-Paint/re-seal Granby floor

BWSracing

Advanced Member
So I took my camper out of the truck for a dump run this weekend and noticed some minor water damage to the plywood floor and the sides up to where the siding is. Do you all have any recommendations on what paint/sealer to use to do a top coat on there to seal things up?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

I did mine with porch paint also. Paint guy said it will wear like iron, so far it has. Took 2 coats, first one soaked right in.

Somewhere I have the paint that ATC/FWC recommended and was from Home Depot. Something like seal grey. Matched perfectly.

I contacted FWC and they sent me the name of the paint they used prior to the new coating used in 2015. Sherwin Williams has it and I have given the under side of our camper another coating. I will check when I get home and post the code. jd

I got some epoxy paint for a concrete shower floor in my house. I had to buy a gallon and will only use a little of it for the shower. Once mixed, it has to be used before it hardens, so I was thinking of using the remainder to coat the bottom of my Fleet.

I bought some deck sealer from Home Depot that will fill small voids and obviously seal the wood, now waiting for a few day with out humidity and above 50 degrees to get some coats on it. I also went with a textured paint for the bottom to help eliminate the camper shifting when off road which seems to be a problem for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Textured paint. Thats an interesting idea! Thats got me thinking. I did a do it yourself bed liner in the Jeep years ago. Similar to http://www.herculiner.com/index.php. I don't see the exact brand I used anymore. It required a lot of prep, was a pita to use but its held up really well (on the parts I prepped properly, not so well on the places that weren't prepped properly) and is really grippy. I don't want to do the bed of the truck but I'll think about doing the runners the next time it comes off.

FWC used to use Sherwin Williams 7075 Web Gray until they switched to the new coating in 2015. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Back
Top Bottom