Recommendations -> Aluminum Floor Jack?

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
I need to replace my old and heavy portable floor jack. I’m looking for a good quality, light weight aluminum jack, at least two ton. Three ton would be better. Preferably one that isn’t going to start leaking after a couple of uses.

Any recommendations?

Taking Roger’s advice, I stopped by a HF and picked up a portable floor jack. I went with steel rather than aluminum because the aluminum was only 1.5 ton, and almost 4x the price.

Of all things, I actually read the supplied manual. To my surprise, in small print, it said the jack needed to be completely filled with hydraulic fluid prior to first use. I now reek of Mil spec 5606, and everything is slippery, but the little monster is filled to the appropriate level.

Lesson learned.

Hi Sage

How about some product testing....jack you truck up for us....maybe 100 repetitions ? ; )

I was gonna mention there are a great many aluminum jacks of many brands under search topic...racing jack.

Jack on

David Graves

David,

I bought this for light trailers, and for lifting my truck canopy high enough to get the frame that spans my jacks under the canopy. I’m tired of pinched fingers and back injuries. A 9,000 truck is not in its future.

1752D463-E01F-41D6-950F-0CA6B5BCF0EA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom