Recommendations for Death Valley Yosemite and more

vertigoat

Vegas>Ash Meadows>Death Valley>395 N to Mammoth Lakes>South Lake Tahoe>88 W Eventually heading south toward the Yosemite Valley entrance on the West Side of the park>Oakland>South to Los Angeles>Havasu City>Vegas

Any recommendations for quick scenic stops on this route that are a must-see?

Affordable places to lodge?

In Death Valley, if you can go off road you can disperse (freedom) camp if you are (I think) 2 miles off the main roads. Pretty nice to find your own spot! Lots of places too!

Mono Lake Tufa towers along the 395 route, and also "Devils Post Pile", near Mammoth. Petroglyphs near Bishop,along the Benton crossing Hwy, Big Sur along California Hwy 1, Coastal Red woods, as well as the Redwoods of Yosemite.

Yosemite then oakland then back south to LA? Straight over to Oakland then do Yosemite to LA.

Time of year is definitely important.
From Vegas I'd say enter via Titus Canyon since it is one way, east to west and from there you can do just about anywhere in DVNP. Remember DV is the largest NP in the southern 48. Lots to see and do.

120, 108, & 4 will all be closed until May (hopefully) so getting over the Sierra is problematic.

Highway 1 is a must do lifetime bucket list item but it is not a quick road at all. 101 isn't bad but 5 or 99 is fastest if more boring. So I would say Oakland first since you'll be on 80 or 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Back
Top Bottom