Recommended Cookset for 2

Longbeard87

Advanced Member
Anyone have a strong recommendation on their favorite cookset for two?

It's nice to be able to drag along whatever in the camper but also thinking some sort of dedicated nesting set might be a little easier for storage, etc.. This would be just for the camper, not backpacking.

Thanks

We use a MSR stainless set of nesting pots, plus a Sig stainless, 10” folding skillet. It’s either on the boat or in the Bobcat at all times.

I also use the MSR nesting pots I bought 25 years ago. Very versatile. Lids can be used as plates. We use the big pot as a salad bowl and they are are VERY durable and versatile. Add a frying pan and you are good to go. I tried the newer stuff but I am never impressed. Stainless you can clean with sand or rocks or steel wool ...

I just purchased this 7 pce, non stick set from Magna:
a10-363-2_coverImage.jpg

811r5dOPwCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but the quality seems to be even better than I expected. Very heavy bases for even heat distribution. I'm also going to modify the handle on this 10" Griddle
21-0302800060000-1.jpg
and it should fit in the bottom of the case:

A 10" Lodge skillet and 4 quart camp Dutch oven. All you need to fry, bake, saute, braise, simmer, roast, poach, stew. Cast iron, the original nonstick pan.

Or, the Lodge 5 qt. double oven is hard to beat.

10" lodge cast iron frypan
sst perculator minus the insides to boil water
2 qt sauce pan good quality, thick bottom. I grab one from the kitchen.

I hate sets, they always have stuff I don't use or need.
I prefer good heavy pots, its too easy to burn thin ones.

Edit

I left out my lodge grill pan.

Anything GSI Outdoors. They have Stainless, and their Pinnacle line cooks as well as any gourmet cookware. The nonstick is designed for outdoor use, you can use most metal utensils and not scratch it and it works amazingly well. I’ve used it for decades.

Family Owned company out of Spokane WA
https://gsioutdoors.com/shop-by-function/cookware.html

JWL said:
Anything GSI Outdoors. They have Stainless, and their Pinnacle line cooks as well as any gourmet cookware. The nonstick is designed for outdoor use, you can use most metal utensils and not scratch it and it works amazingly well. I’ve used it for decades.

Family Owned company out of Spokane WA
https://gsioutdoors.com/shop-by-function/cookware.html
I never realized GSI was headquartered in Spokane. Pretty fitting considering the collection we have of their stuff. In the camper and on the road we use some combination of our GSI cooksets (Bugaboo Backpacker, Pinnacle Soloist, Halulite tea pot, and silicon pour over). We like light weight and nestable for traveling.

At home we use cast iron almost exclusively. Sometimes I'll bring the dutch oven camping too.

Back
Top Bottom