Refer Fan Photo?

Here you go. I wired to the power to the fan on the fridge so the vent fan only runs when the fridge runs.
This is the fan I used. $4.97 free shipping, 0.25 amps. I did put a switch on just in case I do not need it.

gallery_1903_712_2034.jpg

• icon_view.png

• icon_view.png

I bought my 2012 Grandby with the ice box option. I then scored on a discontinued Waeco 110L fridge similar to the Dometic 110L for about half of the price. I installed a vent on the side of the cabinet next to the stove with a fan. I wired the fan to the fridge to only come on when the fridge cycles on. I also installed a switch in the vent to disable the extra fan when outside temps are below 80 degrees.

Not to get off topic but I do have a quick question. Is your waeco vented to the outside?
Thanks.

My Waeco is vented just the top vent, not sure about Fritz's. When I was at FWC one salesman said they made a camper without a vent and I would not need one. Stan was walking by and said yes you do need a vent. Apparently the unit without a vent did not work so well.

Bill

Just the top vent.

Mine is not vented to the outside, To avoid dust and cold temps I did not want to cut a hole on the outside of the camper. In addition to the vent I cut next to the stove there is about a 3/4 inch gap between the top of the fridge and counter top.

From my 2006 Hawk with Norcold showing the exhaust fan and thermostat.
My fan has stopped working and I need a replacement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 119
Fitz said:
Mine is not vented to the outside, To avoid dust and cold temps I did not want to cut a hole on the outside of the camper. In addition to the vent I cut next to the stove there is about a 3/4 inch gap between the top of the fridge and counter top.
Originally the 110L fridge in my Grandby wasn't vented to the outside, only to the inside. As a result the compressor would run non-stop unless the thermostat was set just below 5. I told FWC about this and they put in top and bottom vents to the outside and insulated around the fridge so outside air couldn't enter this way. Had a warm fall here and it seemed to work much better. The real test will be this summer. I do not have a fan.

When I originally rplaced our 3-way with a 12 volt fridge, I installed solid door replacements to the two vents. Quickly noticed the amount of heat build up by the compressor and put the upper vent back in.

I have a 3 way fridge not a compressor type , but will add this info. to the discussion for anyone following this thread. If you have trouble getting the fridge temp down with your 3 way, the fan option makes a huge difference keeping the fridge cold when camping in high ambient temps.

Back
Top Bottom