Refrigerator Question

Resqman911

Hey guys quick question. I have a new to me 2013 Hawk with 3 way dometic fridge. The freezer gets cold fairly quick but after 24 hour on gas the fridge is barely in the 50’s , is this normal? My previous set up was a Dometic 12v fridge (CFX 55im) and that thing would get down to freezing in under an hour, I know they are totally different systems just surprised by how long this is taking to cool.

My Dometic takes at least 24+ hours to get frig temp down, and yes the freezer gets cold much quicker. It also makes a diff depending of the ambient temp outside. Once cool the frig holds its temp just fine.

A fridge fan like this may help.

https://www.etrailer.com/tv-review-valterra-fridgecool-rv-refrigerator-fan-a10-2606.aspx

The fridge typically is cooled by cold air falling from the freezer compartment at the top of the fridge down to the interior of the fridge. By circulating air up to the bottom surface of the freezer, heat exchange may occur faster. It also results in a more even temperature throughout the fridge.

I place mine under the temp controls to ensure they see a more average temp in the fridge.

Paul

Burner tube needs a good cleaning or replacement.

I see it all the time.

The small slits (openings) on the top of the burner tube get covered with soot, or rust, and the flame is smaller that it needs to be.

Makes 100% difference when the propane flame is the correct height.

This is not the correct video for your refrigerator, but will gave you a good idea on what I'm referring to . . .

Resqman911 said:
Hey guys quick question. I have a new to me 2013 Hawk with 3 way dometic fridge. The freezer gets cold fairly quick but after 24 hour on gas the fridge is barely in the 50’s , is this normal? My previous set up was a Dometic 12v fridge (CFX 55im) and that thing would get down to freezing in under an hour, I know they are totally different systems just surprised by how long this is taking to cool.

I'm also now having the similar problems with my 2019 Hawk 3 way Dometic fridge.
I did clean burner tube and same results not cooling properly.
I also tested the pressure at the burner assembly and was at 8.3 wc retested and now 11 which is where I think should be.
I will replace gas regulator next.
The fridge works good on shore power

A couple of questions
1- I noticed fridge is quite load outside when working properly but seems to have 2 different noise levels.
Does the flame or something else have the capabilities of changing?
2- I have a button for fridge fan Where would fan be located and I hear no difference when switching fan button
Chees
Glenn

GlennG said:
I'm also now having the similar problems with my 2019 Hawk 3 way Dometic fridge.
I did clean burner tube and same results not cooling properly.
I also tested the pressure at the burner assembly and was at 8.3 wc retested and now 11 which is where I think should be.
I will replace gas regulator next.
The fridge works good on shore power

A couple of questions
1- I noticed fridge is quite load outside when working properly but seems to have 2 different noise levels.
Does the flame or something else have the capabilities of changing?<< yes, you can hear both the pilot, and the burner when operating.>>
2- I have a button for fridge fan Where would fan be located and I hear no difference when switching fan button
Chees
Glenn

Hi guys , been a while. the question I have is a tad off topic though the Dometic RM2310 in my camper takes 24 hours to really get cold and is fastest on propane. My question is has anybody run there small Fridges using an inverter while on the road, as the pilot shuts down due to the vent sucking the air out at highway speed. If so what size inverter. The Dometic runs on 120 volts 1,3 amps whic is about 160 watts. Probably need a 300 amp inverter. I have my house battery hooked up to the trucks Alt,

EM4 said:
Hi guys , been a while. the question I have is a tad off topic though the Dometic RM2310 in my camper takes 24 hours to really get cold and is fastest on propane. My question is has anybody run there small Fridges using an inverter while on the road, as the pilot shuts down due to the vent sucking the air out at highway speed. If so what size inverter. The Dometic runs on 120 volts 1,3 amps whic is about 160 watts. Probably need a 300 amp inverter. I have my house battery hooked up to the trucks Alt,
How much charging current do you get while driving? You would want more than what you draw from the fridge, so 13+Amps...

Couple of ways to do that:
1) If you have a VOM with a high current setting, you could insert it into the charge circuit and start the truck to see what happens. If you need help with that, let me know
2) Get a Victron Shunt - either the BMV 712 or the bluetooth shunt. Bluetooth is cheaper and easier to install.

EM4 said:
Wouldn't the Alt figure that out and respond respectively?
It would try. There are complications with how successfully do that, including wiring power losses, smart/dumb alt, etc.

Back
Top Bottom