Replacement Camper jacks. Mix type?

sunvalleylaw

Advanced Member
My older Northstar pop up has a trio of Rieco Titan tripod style jacks. I want to add one, and make with one on each corner. I don't absolutely love that the tripod feet on the rieco titans get run over a bit when I drive the truck under and back out of the camper. I have to replace the stand of one jack anyway, as it is a little tweaked.

Could a guy buy a pair of mechanical corner style to put on the front, and do away with the wide tripod feet on the front, as long as I am replacing? Can't buck up for full electric right now. Too much dough. Or, I could get the box extensions. I prefer those over the extended bracket as I don't want that metal bracket hanging out there all the time. With the box extension, I can take it off when the jacks are not installed. But then I would still be in one new jack, and the stand part for the other jack that needs it's stand replaced.

I am inclined to think TCs don't give a hoot what raises them in the air. :)

ardvark said:
I am inclined to think TCs don't give a hoot what raises them in the air. :)
That was what I thought. The lady at Rieco Titan was saying they don't recommend mixing. But I fail to see a real reason for this. As long as the jack is secured properly to the corner of the camper, and the underlying wood is sound (and it is), I don't think there would be a problem. Just wondered if anyone had any reasons not to.

The zinc plated ones come in pairs, and I could start with the front, then if I want to, replace the other two in the rear, or, if I was not worried about that, use the money toward saving for an electric conversion kit.

Regarding bracket extensions, wouldn't you just mount them permanently to the jacks, not the camper?

Back
Top Bottom