replacing roof vent

joez3

Advanced Member
I need to replace the roof vent on my camper has anyone done this yet, how hard is to do? Also do you know if I can just replace the plastic window?
Thanks,

Yes, you can get just the lid. It is a simple job to do. Just be careful when working on the roof as you want to spread your weight across the roof beams, so you don't dent the siding.

I need to replace the roof vent on my camper has anyone done this yet, how hard is to do? Also do you know if I can just replace the plastic window?
Thanks,

The plastic window? Like DR said it is pretty easy to replace to top of the roof vent but are referring to a window in the camper? I lost one, just flew out right after I picked it up used a few years back. I just bought some plexiglas, cut to fit, and caulked it in. Has probably gone 60,000 miles since and looks OK.

I did this job a couple months ago and it went well. I tore some of the aluminum roof skin when I was cleaning off the old silicone caulk the previous owner had applied. I was able to super-goo it with silicone and no leaks. On older campers, the aluminum skin can get thin so BE CAREFUL!

Back
Top Bottom