Replacing the soft sides ??

Scootr74

Advanced Member
OK, so I found a guy locally with a Grandby that has it listed for $250. Indicates it needs canvas, maintenance and repairs. I plan on looking into it because if the exterior is good but the interior needs a lot of work I could gut it and do everything I want to do. The problem is the soft sides. Anyone do the replacement on their own or am I better off leaving it where it stands?

Contact the factory.

Replacing stuff may be relatively cheap. Especially if you are handy. If not, some things look hard, but can be done very quick by the pro's.

Sodt Side Replacement

OK, so I found a guy locally with a Grandby that has it listed for $250. Indicates it needs canvas, maintenance and repairs. I plan on looking into it because if the exterior is good but the interior needs a lot of work I could gut it and do everything I want to do. The problem is the soft sides. Anyone do the replacement on their own or am I better off leaving it where it stands?

When I took delivery of my ATC, I asked what replacement of the sides cost. Marty said about $1000. Of course, that included labor. Subtract off a couple hundred dollars and....

For $250, buy it. ATC or FWC can surely ship you new sides. Famous last words: they can't be that hard to install!

I'm gonna pass on this one.

Went and looked at the $250 camper today. It's rough...

If anyone wants a link or some of the pictures I took let me know. The Owner is out of state for the next 3 months, but the camper is at his mother's house in San Diego. She could probably let you in to see it if you were serious. Apparently she's planning on moving and needs it out of the front driveway.

Oh, reason I'm not buying it - it needs more work than I can dedicate to it. I'm not too worried about the soft sides, but the interior has been reworked (a lot) the current Owner widened it to add deeper cabinets so it's wider between the wheel wells by about 1-2". It's been rewired and replumbed (?). Owner added studs between the aluminum frame (not sure how).... on and on. That combined with me not having a garage... well, I think I'll look a bit longer spend a bit more and be comfortable using it as soon as I get it.

Oh there's a LOT of silicone on the roof, roof edges and corners.

Back
Top Bottom