Research on PopUp Campers

MTCK said:
Just my $0.02. When looking for a used pop up, they came and went very quickly. Originally I wanted a grandby, but expanded my search to include other brands and longer options. When a 16 year old Cuchara posted 400 miles away, I called the guy and he had all the right answers. Maintenance was done on the roof, no leaks, systems worked, no structural or siding damage. I went to inspect with cash in hand and paid full asking price. I had to do some cleaning, and will have to continue the maintenance, but got into a fully functional and well-kept camper for $7k instead of $40k for a new one. The seller had five other folks waiting to see it if I passed.
I agree - if it looks like it has been well taken care of when you talk to the seller, go right away and bring cash. I have looked at several camper that have lasted more than a day for sale and typically they have some major issues. The two I bought had a line of folks wanting to buy them, so I brought cash and arrived as fast as I could - helps that I have a really flexible schedule and don't have to wait for the weekend like most folks.

Hello Group

I bought a used Hallmark that was built in December of 2015. Everest model, East/West bed ( no toilet or shower on the interior ), my old Thetford curve fits in the closet just fine. Two burner, no oven with a Electrical ( 12 volt/shore power ) Nova cool fridge/freezer, four flat panel zamp solar units on the roof.

Have a about two weeks plus in it. No off road other than county a bit. Safe and bland while I figure out how stuff works.

Signed up for a off road driving class over two days in Southern California ( Gorman and Mojave are the local towns for reference point to start from ) in early October, it appears I will be the elephant amongst the goats so it should be interesting.

Terence

OK added images to gallery and then I, not sure if this works for you all? Opinion as would it be better to try for a inline image or do this internal link for a members gallery, the thumbnail distortion is off putting for me!

Tried attaching a image "inline" ( my term ) and imaged was placed above the body copy and it was still distorted as a thumbnail?

I will take some interior shots and upload in the next week or two.

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:1171]
full

full

full

Very nice setup Idahostats. Congratulatuions. We bought a used Hallmark last year and love it. Have about 30 nights in it thus far. Packing it up for the weekend right now. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom