Rieco jack drill adapter

Kbarry

So, after 2 1/2 years, I finally took my Fleet off the Tacoma. I have two of the Rieco drill adapters which worked well to remove the camper. But now that it is lowered all the way down, none of my drills have the torque to lift it back up.

I also can’t find or never received the hand cracks when I bought the camper.

Any Macgyver type mod that I can do to the drill adapter to make them a hand crank? Or should I just go and buy a hammer drill with more torque?

Thanks,
Ken

Ken, my 2¢… buy or rent a hammer drill to lift the camper, then find or buy new cranks. I managed to jam a fully extended support jack on my trailer. It took several hours to get it to retract, and I couldn’t move until I did get it off the ground. Since then, I only use the drill to to the large travel movements, finishing off with the hand cranks.

They’re like a credit card for me, I don’t leave home without one.

hmm... I have a 15 year old dewalt cordless drill, nothing super powerful, certainly a cheap one and it works on my Grandby just fine.. Can't imagine using the handcranks

Thanks for the feedback - I will definitely order two cranks for the future. My Dewalt is about 20 years old - it could be that the end of the jack throw is tight and it will open up as I raise it.

A new tool (already authorized by the financial coordinator) is never a bad thing.

Thanks

Ken

Kberry:

Just a thought: After 2 1/2 of not being used, I think the Rieco jacks might need some lubrication. Maybe some corrosion developed on the internals.I'm not sure how to lubricate the jacks, but I would probably start with WD-40. Maybe others on the forum know of a better lubricant.

I have a 10 year old battery powered Ryobi hand drill from Home Depot that handles the job. When the jacks are off the camper, I can activate the jacks by hand with very little resistance. These jacks are 7 years old and always stored under cover.

Hope that helps!

Tod

todgru said:
Kberry:

Just a thought: After 2 1/2 of not being used, I think the Rieco jacks might need some lubrication. Maybe some corrosion developed on the internals.I'm not sure how to lubricate the jacks, but I would probably start with WD-40. Maybe others on the forum know of a better lubricant.

I have a 10 year old battery powered Ryobi hand drill from Home Depot that handles the job. When the jacks are off the camper, I can activate the jacks by hand with very little resistance. These jacks are 7 years old and always stored under cover.

Hope that helps!

Tod
Good thought process there...
Spray Silicone is what I would use, open fully, spray on and open and close a few times..

Tod:

Thanks - looks like a heavy grease is under the cover. I will add some more grease. I will definitely do some PMs on them next time BEFORE I load the camper on them.

Thanks,
Ken

Back
Top Bottom