Rocky Mountain Four Wheel Campers

ottorogers said:
Has anybody here dealt with Chris at Rocky Mountain in Denver area? Feedback would be appreciated
First-class operation. We we're headed to Utah from Indiana and our 5 year old camper batteries puked. We called and arrived at 9:30am and we're out the door with new batteries. A saved vacation. Later something else happened and we decided to cut our side trip to Telluride out. The weather was going to be bad and we weren't getting charging. We stopped back at Rocky Mountain. They did a complete system check and found the solar controller failed. They replaced it and we we're on our way. They stepped up twice, and fitted us in. Don't think I could give a better endorsement than that. jd

longhorn1 said:
First-class operation. We we're headed to Utah from Indiana and our 5 year old camper batteries puked. We called and arrived at 9:30am and we're out the door with new batteries. A saved vacation. Later something else happened and we decided to cut our side trip to Telluride out. The weather was going to be bad and we weren't getting charging. We stopped back at Rocky Mountain. They did a complete system check and found the solar controller failed. They replaced it and we we're on our way. They stepped up twice, and fitted us in. Don't think I could give a better endorsement than that. jd

Thanks, we are buying a Granby from them in November. I appreciate your feedback

We have a 2014 Grandby, front dinnette, furnace, stove, sink, hot water tank, pump, 20 gal water tank, thermal pack, interior/exterior LED, outdoor shower, rear flood lights 80L compressor fridge, 100W solar, they now offer 160W.

longhorn1 said:
We have a 2014 Grandby, front dinnette, furnace, stove, sink, hot water tank, pump, 20 gal water tank, thermal pack, interior/exterior LED, outdoor shower, rear flood lights 80L compressor fridge, 100W solar, they now offer 160W.

We are getting the 130 L fridge, we previously had a Hawk model with the smaller fridge, WIFE wants the bigger fridge!!!! We also have 160 solar, we had 100 Watts with our Hawk, not enough for overcast and rainy days, 160 should do it I hope.

ottorogers said:

We are getting the 130 L fridge, we previously had a Hawk model with the smaller fridge, WIFE wants the bigger fridge!!!! We also have 160 solar, we had 100 Watts with our Hawk, not enough for overcast and rainy days, 160 should do it I hope.
If I could, I would have 200W - 300W on the roof. I have an 80W portable, but we aren't usually sitting around during the day. I might upgrade the roof or get a Hondo 2200 generator, for bad weather security. I was at the Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival. Dometic was a sponsor. They had their Bluetooth top loading fridge and freezer. An awesome fridge and freezer, but I'm not replacing mine unless it goes. South.

Chris and the staff at Rocky Mountain FWC are absolutely top notch to deal with!

I bought my 2018 Hawk from them and I couldn't of possibly asked for better service!

They installed my yakima roof rails, and roof struts, did a good job. Knowledgable.
The shop is set back off the road, so the GPS says you are there, but you can't see it, we drove by a couple of times, before finally turning into the packing lot and driving back past a bunch of businesses before seeing their sign..

longhorn1 said:
If I could, I would have 200W - 300W on the roof. I have an 80W portable, but we aren't usually sitting around during the day. I might upgrade the roof or get a Hondo 2200 generator, for bad weather security. I was at the Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival. Dometic was a sponsor. They had their Bluetooth top loading fridge and freezer. An awesome fridge and freezer, but I'm not replacing mine unless it voes. South.
We just added a second 160 Watt panel to the roof. Tired of worrying about the batteries. Now, some batteries with a few more Ah would be nice. Maybe next year.

We met Chris about 4 years ago, he was just getting started and we were window shopping. He couldn’t have been more accommodating and helpful. Ended up ordering with Main Line because they opened up just a couple of hours away, but would do business with Chris in a heartbeat.

We ordered and purchased our Hawk from Chris about 3 years ago. He opened his shop for us on a day he was normally closed to accommodate us and install the new unit. He’s an outdoorsman and camper himself so he knows the biz. Highly recommend Rocky Mountain FWC.

Timothy McGowen said:
How is lifting the roof now?
Much easier to lift now. We dropped about 12 to 14 pounds while doubling capacity. Switched to the Overland Solar panel that FourWheel is using.

I'll just chime in with another ringing endorsement of all the guys there at Rocky Mountain Four Wheel / Juniper Overland. We bought our 2015 Hawk from Chris and he was awesome. Answered all of our questions and didn't steer us wrong at all. We worked with Josh most recently when our batteries pooped out and to repair massive hail damage. Top notch place!

ottorogers said:
thanks for all the feedback, we paid our 15% deposit, and will pick our Grandby November 15th (if all goes well) at Rocky Mountain FWC
I realize I'm late to the this thread as you have already ordered, but put me down as another happy customer. Chris put up with a lot of questions and was very easy to work with as I bought my 2018 Hawk. They were flexible on the install date and very accommodating. 5/5 stars.

okiedavid said:
I realize I'm late to the this thread as you have already ordered, but put me down as another happy customer. Chris put up with a lot of questions and was very easy to work with as I bought my 2018 Hawk. They were flexible on the install date and very accommodating. 5/5 stars.
Chris and Josh are FIRST CLASS, highly recommended RMFWC

Chris is one of the best business men I have ever dealt with!
When I picked my Hawk up, his facility was FULL of other units. There wasn't room for another camper in the place and its a big space. This tells me he's moving inventory like mad. When one moves inventory, you're doing everything right.

Back
Top Bottom