Roll over couch options

Jzack605

Advanced Member
Anyone add a roll over couch to their shell model? I currently just have a Lagun table and a couple fold out chairs. I don’t like the idea of blocking the window, any east to west couch options?

I’d probably be more likely to buy a pre made couch to install but I’m not opposed to a custom DIY. I have a couple brackets i originally planned to use to make a side dinette.

Anyone add a roll over couch to their shell model? I currently just have a Lagun table and a couple fold out chairs. I don’t like the idea of blocking the window, any east to west couch options?

I’d probably be more likely to buy a pre made couch to install but I’m not opposed to a custom DIY. I have a couple brackets i originally planned to use to make a side dinette.
My shell has the roll over couch. My previous build had a custom side dinette. I think the rollover couch is far superior. The storage (at least in a Hawk) is tremendous, and I find we don't really ever need a table indoors, just a comfortable place to lounge. Any of the seats in a FWC dont provide much view from the window if you are sitting upright because the window is so low. If I want to hang out inside with a good view of the window I just roll over the couch and then you have a nice big area to sprawl out on the same level as the window with the bonus of not having the roll over bracket being in the middle of it like the side dinette

Pick up a couple more brackets, and put in the side dinette. Move your Lagun if needed. That way Schultz still has some floor space.
Yeah I’ve been hesitant to do anything as the shell model has plenty of space when I need to put a crate inside (mostly only early season grouse hunting).

My shell has the roll over couch. My previous build had a custom side dinette. I think the rollover couch is far superior. The storage (at least in a Hawk) is tremendous, and I find we don't really ever need a table indoors, just a comfortable place to lounge. Any of the seats in a FWC dont provide much view from the window if you are sitting upright because the window is so low. If I want to hang out inside with a good view of the window I just roll over the couch and then you have a nice big area to sprawl out on the same level as the window with the bonus of not having the roll over bracket being in the middle of it like the side dinette
Does the roll over couch effect lighting inside? I like the big window for more than just a view.

Yeah I’ve been hesitant to do anything as the shell model has plenty of space when I need to put a crate inside (mostly only early season grouse hunting).

Does the roll over couch effect lighting inside? I like the big window for more than just a view.
No solution for the crate, but with respect to the couch,,, yes, the couch impacts lighting, views, and perhaps emergency egress. That said, I have one in my Cougar. It’s the old style, but it’s easy to get the back out of the way if needed. Dogs may sleep in the cab if made into a bed, but since the Cougar is also a shell, there is a strip of aisle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom