Rollover couch organziation

jdavis

Advanced Member
Can you guys share how you organize the space under your rollover couch?

Thanks!

Follow-up question, have you guys rigged any sort of prop to keep the lid up on the under couch storage?

The supports are a spring. when you open the cabinet. the spring goes straight and supports door. then to close you push the spring and close door.

Ah okay, thanks. There's a West Marine in Sturgeon Bay. I'll check those out. Thanks!

We can fit our Webber Q100 under the front part of the rollover couch storage and do drinks and such under the front storage hatch.
Thought about lifters, but never installed any.

Lighthawk said:
We can fit our Webber Q100 under the front part of the rollover couch storage and do drinks and such under the front storage hatch.
Thought about lifters, but never installed any.
Do you have anything to secure your webber or does it stay in place? Thanks.

I use the same support setup as jdavis but sometimes a good bump to the top while looking for something will allow the top to come down, so I added a lanyard and clip to fully secure when opening more than briefly.

It is a big space and since I am usually storing various smaller items, I built three wood boxes/carry crates which nestle in there nicely. I can use them in any combination; or not at all if I need to store larger items. On my 2005 Hawk I had the lid supports and they were fine. For this Hawk, the lid supports would prevent the lid from opening enough to allow me to lift out my boxes/crates so I use bungies to hold open the lids if needed (which is rare). ..sorry if pics are rotated

F8DB15E6-9ABE-4989-9699-2ED0D056C955.jpeg
6EB54806-CA14-4495-9FF2-2EA54CD4EDDE.jpeg
811834DC-5B25-4CFF-A6F8-10F9170A1232.jpeg

@fuzzymarindave very nice! I like that setup. Think I will do the same.

fish more said:
The supports are a spring. when you open the cabinet. the spring goes straight and supports door. then to close you push the spring and close door.
I finally got around to adding these today. The last time I saw a quality of life improvement this big was when I had my wisdom teeth removed! Thanks for the suggestion!

jdavis and fish more,

Thanks for posting the info, link and pictures for the hatch spring arms. I order four for our camper today.

Back
Top Bottom