Roof Fan

Umtduckhead

How long will the roof fans run on a charged battery? My wife and I have yet to pick our camper up... Soon-sept10! Until then my brain is going over tons of scenarios. Do any of you all run the fans all night?

We run our fan at night as needed, 100W solar & 2 AGM batteries. We haven't noticed a big drain

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

According to Fan-Tastic Fan their fans draw less than 3A on high. You're fridge will draw almost 4A/hr through the night. The main thing is you have sufficient charging capacity to get your batteries back to full the next day before drawing from batteries again at night.

My MaxxFan 5100K draws 1.4 amps on medium (5 of 10) setting. This uses ~11% of my 104 AH of usable battery over 8 hours.

jim

LookyLou said:
According to Fan-Tastic Fan their fans draw less than 3A on high. You're fridge will draw almost 4A/hr through the night. The main thing is you have sufficient charging capacity to get your batteries back to full the next day before drawing from batteries again at night.
Fan-Tastic Fan used wire resistors to control speed, might run 3A at all speeds.

19686164621_f8548945c0_z.jpg

My 12 speed FantasticFan has the following;

Lowest setting, 1 hour = 0.3 amps used.
Medium setting, 1 hour = 1.1 amps used.
Highest setting, 1 hour = 2.6 amps used.
The other settings "in between" the above produced expected "in between" amps used.

Maybe a solid state controller instead of what the 3 speed uses?
I've not taken it apart to look.
I'm almost always on the lowest three settings (almost no amps used), so, I'm happy in it's stock configuration.

Back
Top Bottom