Roof Lifter Shocks Redux

dsrtrat

After using my roof lifter shocks for a while I made a couple of changes. I initially had installed the offset brackets on the lower portion of the camper with straight brackets on the top. I found that when the top rose the straight brackets caused the top to move off center. I changed the top brackets to offset ones and the problem was resolved.

I also changed the stock nylon shock end pieces to steel. I had one of the nylon ends strip out so feel more comfortable with a metal end.

I really like the lifter shocks, makes setting up so much easier. I would suggest anyone planning to install shocks to consider these changes. I am using the 40# - 36 inch long shocks on my ATC Panther with a 65 watt solar panel,Yakima tracks and Fantastic fan the only additions to the roof weight. I have no problem lowering the top and it almost pops up by itself.

Dsrtrat

Where can I find these shocks? I have a 4WC that needs them.
Any photos and advise?
I used to have no problems lifting the roof .
But since my back surgery it is too heavy, not to mention impossible with kayaks.
What options are out there? Each I assume has its plus and minus....what ends up being the best?

Back
Top Bottom