Roof wire clamps

camper101

I'm getting parts for a roof solar installation and wondering about wire clamps on the roof.

(I'm happy to post an overview at some point, but don't want to make people scroll through the questions that are already answered - I got lots of questions...).

The question for now: What should I use to secure wire on the roof going from my panel to the solar plug, and does it matter where I attach them?

I'll have about 4 feet of wire going from the passenger side to the plug above the junction box, and I assume it shouldn't just lay there and get blown around by the wind at 65 MPH?

Presumably I want aluminum clips so they don't rust or have chemical interactions (??), and I'd also need aluminum screws to go into the aluminum roof.

Also, does it matter where I attach the wire clamp? It seems like I don't need to screw into the frame/studs for something as simple as a wire clamp - seems like I could just use a little self-tapping screw that would hold in the aluminum roof sheet, but maybe I'm wrong.

Please feel free to correct me on any of this - I acknowledge that I'm on the ignorant side...

Thank you!

Creative - I like it, thanks.

Something like that would give a big surface area if you wanted to glue the wires down instead of putting holes in the roof.

Edited to add: Speaking of... if anybody knows anything about Silaprene as an adhesive, I'm trying to figure out if it works over here.

Back
Top Bottom