Rookie FWC Owner Looking for Insurance Tips

I have a new 2022 Hawk as 7/22/2022, ordered last summer. Has front dinette, cassette, most of the options. Added to Geico policy yesterday using my WA state address. $240/year. I do have several other cars and home with them which could account for a discount. The purchase value (37K after tax) is on their record. $1000 deductibles.

- Mike

K7MDL said:
I have a new 2022 Hawk as 7/22/2022, ordered last summer. Has front dinette, cassette, most of the options. Added to Geico policy yesterday using my WA state address. $240/year. I do have several other cars and home with them which could account for a discount. The purchase value (37K after tax) is on their record. $1000 deductibles.

- Mike
Mike, thank you for the information!! I'm picking mine up in TWO WEEKS starting to get a bit excited.

1 week to go for you. My mother lives in Chandler.

Aug 29th I am having a custom hitch mounted step platform fabricated. The platform will be hinged to a 10" post welded to an 8" hitch extender. Steps will be angled about 45 degrees and use 32" max extended scissor steps. This will allow the steps to work with a trailer connected. Wife cannot do steps much above 10". In 3 weeks we take off in our new camper for a 2 month long Seattle to Florida round trip with a 1yr old cat that has never traveled before. Should be interesting. Will be towing a small trailer on the way back.

Weighed my truck with the camper. Full gas (36gal) and water (30gallons total), propane topped off, 2 12V batteries, half of the personal gear loaded, no kitty litter or custom step loaded. 6920lbs. Truck is 7050lbs GVWR. With the Front Dinette model the rear axle weight is 3840lbs (spec is 3800). Add 2 passengers, rest of our gear, cat stuff, drain most of the water, remove unneeded 2nd battery, get to about break even. The trailer tongue weight puts it over again. Load range E tires and Timbrens, no problems, already towed a boat with a previous Hawk loaded to FL and back in the truck. Something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom