Rounding off jack bracket corner

BlueSky

Finally got around to grinding a radius on the sharp jack bracket corners. I'm sure these things are made in large quantities on a big punch press, and it would be a tiny amount of cost to add a radius tool in the program. So simple and easy, but nooooo, stuck in the dark ages they are.
i-xjwRNMB-X2.jpg

Nice work! I’ve had this on my todo list for a long time! I’m reminded every time I bump my shoulder into the corner id the camper.

The metal was removed rather easily. I think the front half is aluminum and the other half (90 degree bent part) is steel. You could probably do it with a coarse metal file. I used a Makita angle grinder.

' reminds me, I killed a couple hours with a hand file going over sharp edges that seemed to be everywhere including various door frames, doors, etc. after a scare when our dog leaped in before steps were attached, rubbed over an edge that would have cut me but thankfully didn't penetrate fur. Look for these before you, your family, or pets get injured.

I've never snagged myself yet but I suppose there is always a first time. I do have an angle grinder in the shed somewhere.

I recently had all of mine powder coated and I did the same thing right before I had it done. Smoothed out all of the edges and corners. So much nicer.

Back
Top Bottom