Rubber weather striping

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
I remember reading about this earlier, some of the West coast guys. Driving through Iowa, 90 degrees, and windy. My wife says what's flapping and then we saw the rubber strip from both side mirrors. I pulled over and it took me 10 minutes and some duct tape. Don't have time on my cell to check on the post. Was there and reason for this, hot temperatures? jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

In warm weather, the strip will stretch enough for wind to lift it out of the channel. Some people have stretched it and added screws, others have used an adhesive. Ask FWC for their recommendation.

I had the same thing happen to me on my last long trip. I secured it with Gorilla tape until I got home, thing I'll shoot some Goop behind it before my next hot weather journey.

Had the same happen this summer when driving across Nevada. Just shoved it all back in place and kept driving - haven't had the problem since. As I was looking at it though, I thought a couple screws up front would have been a good idea.

FWC added two more screws to mine, about 18 inches in from the side on the front. No problems since. Happened a couple times in warm weather and strong crosswinds going across Nebraska. Might be able to get FWC to send you two of the screws they use.

Back
Top Bottom