S.O.B. (Some Other Brand) Photo Gallery

Heck I throw over half my shots away:) I do get some keepers though. I went Nikon but there are so many good cameras out there now it really is more about getting out to use them:) That's why I'm looking at a truck and camper combo!

That's the slippery slope I started down. Got a camera and re-realized I liked it, hmmm, I need to go to more interesting places, a truck, a camper, now for the time to use them :)

DaltonWellsCamp.jpg

Here's our camp at Dalton Wells on Sunday night. There was another Hallmark up the road a bit (Chevy / K2) that had an amazing view of Arches NP from their spot.

ski3pin said:
Looks like a fun time! :)
It was !

Not bad, less than 3 hours from driveway to camp fully set up. Saw less than 3 or 4 vehicles in the whole area the first 2 days. I think in a normal year this would have been a little early in the season for this area but with such a small snowpack, it was clear until we got up one of the trails a little ways at about 4600'. A lower trail we were on was littered with a lot of downed trees still, FS and volunteer groups haven't gotten out for trail work yet.

takesiteasy said:
There is something totally wrong about a lifted Porche. :oops: :)
Reminds me of this Volvo XC70 concept from 2005. I heard that they showed the car awhile and then destroyed it much to the distress of many who wanted it.

Volvo-XC70_AT_Concept_2005_photo_01.jpg

Not sure of the make on this one but pretty intriguing design. I screen grabbed this off of facebook or some other random internet location as it seemed pretty classic.

Attachments

• Super camper.jpg
    Super camper.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 1,549
CraggyMan said:
index.php

Not sure of the make on this one but pretty intriguing design. I screen grabbed this off of facebook or some other random internet location as it seemed pretty classic.
Doesn't seem very practical -- too tall to fit through fast-food drive-ups.

Nice spot 8900' elevation 2 hours from driveway to falling off fat tire bike. I thought riding a bike after not riding for 30 years would be easy. Oh no falling down is easy, riding bike over uneven terrain is not. I also realized how fast you get out of shape.

Attachments

• WP_20150602_004.jpg
    WP_20150602_004.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 331
billharr said:
Sure is a SOB

attachment.php
Bill - this Porsche belongs to a friend's brother. He says, "it's a 1965, with the 3L motor from about 1978. 2-3 barrel carbs. Long wheel base kit, roll cage, mud tires...was converted to off road in the mid-80's by a local Porsche shop owner."

I showed him this pic not knowing it was his brother, and he asked where I got it from...and I didn't remember the thread (or even which forum) and couldn't find the link! Glad I stumbled back onto it!

If you liked the Porsche. How about a Studebaker?

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 187
Death Valley 2014 Talc Mine at Warm Springs.

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 217
I love to see rigs like this one. This is literally out-of-the-box thinking, isn't it?

It's on the Norfolk (VA) craigslist today... http://norfolk.craigslist.org/rvs/5060097537.html
(pics look better there but the ad may go down at any time)

Toyota 4-wheel drive pick up/camper conversion. Carry-All weekdays. Getta-Way weekends. Used mostly for mountain camping but would make an excellent surfer vehicle. The cap is from a seventies model full-size Chevy Blazer, which adds considerable room when sleeping inside. Very securely attached with 2x6 timbers and 5/8ths bolts through the bed frame. "Wings" of cedar shingle fold down on both sides for tables and work bench. Legendary R-22 four cylinder engine. Mileage is about 200,000, but runs like new--I'd estimate at least another 100,000 miles with minimal maintenance. Trailer hitch. A/C works great. Radio, too. $3850 OBO

Attachments

• MountainTruck.jpg
    MountainTruck.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 309
  • MountainTruck3.jpg
    MountainTruck3.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 284
  • MountainTruck2.jpg
    MountainTruck2.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 255
Another pic from Death Valley. Ignore the guy in the doorway.

DSCN9921.JPG

My Palomino makes a surprise appearance in the Reno newspaper. Just finished a week of photography and support for a group of hikers bringing attention to the migration/connection corridor between the Hart Mtn and Charles Sheldon Wildlife Refuges. We had a journalist from the Reno paper for the first day of the hike.

Hopefully this link gets you to the article in their outdoors section.

http://www.rgj.com/story/life/outdoors/recreation/2015/06/12/exploring-nevada-boot-trail/71137094/

Back
Top Bottom