Scenic camping spots

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
Anyone have any good pics of off the beaten path camping spots that you have travelled to in your FWC? I'll start:

Edge of the Sky Lakes Wilderness in Oregon.

Shore of Lake San Cristobal, Colorado

Attachments

• camper-skylakes_sm.jpg
    camper-skylakes_sm.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 811
  • camper-sancristobal_sm.jpg
    camper-sancristobal_sm.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 816
Here is a very windy, but very private campsite on the East coast of the Cape York Peninsula in Queensland, Australia (near Somerset Beach). There is a small cliff, maybe 8' high, of volcanic rock berween us and the ocean. This was our favourite bushcamping spot in Australia
normal_IMG_0876small.jpg

Here is a very windy, but very private campsite on the East coast of the Cape York Peninsula in Queensland, Australia (near Somerset Beach). There is a small cliff, maybe 8' high, of volcanic rock berween us and the ocean. This was our favourite bushcamping spot in Australia

Could you see the sharks circling from the camper :D

Alvord Desert, Oregon
Mine dump near Rhyolite, Nevada

Attachments

• camper-steens_sm.jpg
    camper-steens_sm.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 758
  • mine-dump.jpg
    mine-dump.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 777
Great thread topic!

This along Indian Creek, outside of Moab, Utah at the southern end of Lockhart Canyon -
UTAH459.jpg

Fish Haven, Idaho on Bear Lake (straddles the UT & ID border) -
FishHaven.jpg

Bull Lake on the Wind River Indian Reservation (permit from the tribes required) near Lander, Wyoming -
BullLake380.jpg

Just outside Natural Bridges National Monument, near Blanding, Utah. This night time photo was taken by my friend, Darren. See his amazing Colorado photo gallery and more at MyColorado.org -
kc_camper.jpg

Could you see the sharks circling from the camper :D

You mean like this?
normal_IMG_2019small.jpg

Actually this photo is about 1 km from the camper in Coral Bay, WA. Feeding frenzy of Black Tip Reef Sharks. They are about 20-25 feet from the beach, I was standing up to my knees in the water to get the pics (it was ok because I made sure my friend who was also in the water taking photos was closer than me to the sharks!)
Cheers
Mark

Hey Dirty Dog and KC, I was looking at your photos and realized that both of your campers are missing something. How come your campers don't have the exterior storm flaps for the windows? Do they only come on certain models, and don't you get water inside during heavy rain?
normal_IMG_4397small.jpg

Cheers
Mark

Mine's old......:(

I don't think they were an option until the last few years. I see them on the list now though for all models.

I've only been in a couple of real heavy rains and I do have to keep the clear windows up, but I can open the small roll open window and the sliding front window for ventilation.

I don't recall exterior storm flaps being an option. My windows have two internal layers - a canvas (or whatever that soft siding is) layer, and under that a clear plastic layer. Maybe this clear plastic layer is newer and seals the water out?

I don't recall exterior storm flaps being an option. My windows have two internal layers - a canvas (or whatever that soft siding is) layer, and under that a clear plastic layer. Maybe this clear plastic layer is newer and seals the water out?
Mine has the 2 inside layers 1-clear plastic, & 1-grey fabric/vinyl. Plus it has the exterior storm flap. This was standard on my '04 (not an option) What year is your camper DirtyDog? I guess that this was recent a change, these guys have a great custom A frame idea:
http://www.dodgeram.org/ki4cy/camper/WinAwnings.htm
window_awning13r.jpg

Cheers
Mark
ps: sorry I have sidetracked this post. I will shut up now

Baja Photos

West Coast of Baja California Norte.
You Just Don't Know! Until You Go!

Attachments

• 100_9233.JPG
    100_9233.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 538
  • KPI 005.jpg
    KPI 005.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 515
  • The road.JPG
    The road.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 547
Here are a couple of pix from our Utah trip earlier this month. The first is our trusty T-100 and the second is our campsite along the San Juan River.

Many thanks to Aaron.

Jay

Attachments

• Bluff 1.jpg
    Bluff 1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 516
Olympic Peninsula Rain Forest

Here's a picture of the Hoh River Rain Forest on the Olympic Peninsula. Sorry about the Sportsmobile, but I got this before I could find the FWC I was dreamin' about. ;)

Attachments

• SMB2.JPG
    SMB2.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 543
Daily Lake, Paradise Valley, MT.

Daily Lake, between Livingston and Gardner, MT.

Attachments

• daily_lake.jpg
    daily_lake.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 456
This is in Dixie National Forest, Southern Utah. I'm not sure where. I was misinformed buy my map. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Attachments

• Dixie National  Forest.jpg
    Dixie National Forest.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 430
Hoh Rain Forest

My 1994 EB 4X4 Sportsmobile in the lush rain forest on the Olympic Peninsula. Lucky no rain this day! :D

Attachments

• rainforest.jpg
    rainforest.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 422
more Baja Norte...

Cappy, you need to take a trip dude, we need a fresh piccie of your rig:) .

I need a trip myself so I can post some shots of my new camper....tis the season!

Attachments

• campo nuevo.JPG
    campo nuevo.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 422
Great Pics...here's one of my old set up (which is currently for sale). Nice pics everyone! Fischer Towers, UT.

Attachments

• IMGP1039.jpg
    IMGP1039.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 400

Back
Top Bottom