Screw size for mounting Yakima tracks

Adventurebound

Hello FWC family. I know this has been discussed before but I'm mounting tracks this weekend (went with Rhino Rack tracks, Yakima are backordered everywhere...this darn Rona) and needed to know what screws others have used. From memory is it #4 self tapping sheet metal screws? What length should they be. Thanks for the help in advance and I will post picks of the installation process when done.

I suspect others would be interested in screws and t-nuts that are compatible with the Yakima Tracks. Any body have specs or better yet a link to purchase? Lots of options on McMaster, but I don't know what to look for. Thanks for the help!

XCCAMPR said:
I suspect others would be interested in screws and t-nuts that are compatible with the Yakima Tracks. Any body have specs or better yet a link to purchase? Lots of options on McMaster, but I don't know what to look for. Thanks for the help!
I use Thule track nuts, but I only paid about $1.00 apiece for them. Try Rack Attack. Make your own T bolts.

Thule track nuts
Thule T Bolts

Awesome thanks. And do you know what screws/bolts the stock Yakima track nuts accepts? My camper is currently in storage otherwise I would look into this myself.

Back
Top Bottom