Selling my 2005

terrisjoy

I have decided to wait about a week to decide if I will be selling my hawk, so sorry for any inconvenience I have caused....Terri

Selling my 2005 Hawk. It's a shell with many extras. Awning, furnace, extended bed, aux. battery system, roof rack, back lamps, steps to roof, couch. Excellent condition. I am 1 hour north of Santa Barbara. Thanks, Terri 805/455-3901

Is it possible to see some pics?

Thanks

Is it possible to see some pics?

Thanks

Yes, pics I'll take tomorrow. I am buying a new truck and it's been a longer process than I had expected. I took the camper off yesterday so I could trade in my 250 diesel nightmare! I'm back to 150's and gas engines but it's taking me awhile to decide. I plan to have the new truck this evening, yeh!! My camper is Hawk shell, with extended bed, furnace, 12 volt plugs, aux. battery system, rear flood lights, steps to roof, awning , couch, fantastic vent, screen door, Its in really good condition, no dings outside or inside. I'll work on the pics tomorrow and post them. Thanks, Terri 805/4553901

Yes, pics I'll take tomorrow. I am buying a new truck and it's been a longer process than I had expected. I took the camper off yesterday so I could trade in my 250 diesel nightmare! I'm back to 150's and gas engines but it's taking me awhile to decide. I plan to have the new truck this evening, yeh!! My camper is Hawk shell, with extended bed, furnace, 12 volt plugs, aux. battery system, rear flood lights, steps to roof, awning , couch, fantastic vent, screen door, Its in really good condition, no dings outside or inside. I'll work on the pics tomorrow and post them. Thanks, Terri 805/4553901

Thank you for the response. i have a 2010 tundra and it has been a great truck so far.

Thank you for the response. i have a 2010 tundra and it has been a great truck so far.

I looked at the Tundra and Tacoma, that was acually my plan after the 250 Diesel nightmare. However, because of my efforts trying to reclaim some sort of sanity with this diesel trade in I stayed with the Ford dealership. I have to say i am very pleased with how I was treated. I have my new 4x4 truck and am so pleased I'm no longer responsible for my previous diesel nightmare! Tomorrow morning I will pop up my camper and take some pics to post. Thanks for your patience. Terri

Hi Terri-

I live in the Santa Ynez Valley and have been considering either a full Hawk or a Hawk Shell for my 2008 Toyota Tundra. I'm kinda swamped this weekend, but would like to see your Hawk in person and see if it would be good for my uses. I wish you the best in your truck shopping and selling your Hawk.

Jeff

Hi Terri-

I live in the Santa Ynez Valley and have been considering either a full Hawk or a Hawk Shell for my 2008 Toyota Tundra. I'm kinda swamped this weekend, but would like to see your Hawk in person and see if it would be good for my uses. I wish you the best in your truck shopping and selling your Hawk.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, picked up my new truck this evening! The bed is 51/2 foot so I'm confused about a 6 ft hawk. I'm not far from the Santa Ynez Valley, let me know if you want to see the camper. Are you friends with Robin G. from San Roque Canyon in Santa Barbara?

Like you Terri - My Truck also has a 5 1/2 foot bed (it's a 2008 Toyota Crew Max Tundra that I haul my horse trailer) but if you do the research, a Hawk can fit on it. The pics that Stan from FWC has posted show Tundra Crew Max trucks with their tailgate still on hauling them. I've also seen pics with the tailgate off.

To be honest, I'm not financially ready to pull the trigger on a purchase, but I'm in the process of upgrading my truck with super springs, going to remove plastic bed liner and do a spray on liner and modify my horse trailer with a shorter jack on it. I've already put E-Rated tires on it after wearing out the OEM tires at 40,000.

If I decide I go with a camper that's a good start. If I don't, it's a truck upgraded for better hauling etc.

I don't know Robin, but have lived here in Santa Ynez for just over 10 years and love the possibilities of weekend get aways with a camper and/or horses here.

Jeff

P.S. - I look at the pictures of what everybody does and it just makes me work harder.

Like you Terri - My Truck also has a 5 1/2 foot bed (it's a 2008 Toyota Crew Max Tundra that I haul my horse trailer) but if you do the research, a Hawk can fit on it. The pics that Stan from FWC has posted show Tundra Crew Max trucks with their tailgate still on hauling them. I've also seen pics with the tailgate off.

To be honest, I'm not financially ready to pull the trigger on a purchase, but I'm in the process of upgrading my truck with super springs, going to remove plastic bed liner and do a spray on liner and modify my horse trailer with a shorter jack on it. I've already put E-Rated tires on it after wearing out the OEM tires at 40,000.

If I decide I go with a camper that's a good start. If I don't, it's a truck upgraded for better hauling etc.

I don't know Robin, but have lived here in Santa Ynez for just over 10 years and love the possibilities of weekend get aways with a camper and/or horses here.

Jeff

P.S. - I look at the pictures of what everybody does and it just makes me work harder.

Thanks so much for the info. My new truck is a 2010 Ford 150 4x4, when I originally bought my
Hawk in 2005 I had a Ford 150 4x4 shortbed and the camper fit well but this new truck is only 5 1/2 and the bed is a bit deeper... So your saying if I left the tailgate down it would fit! Wow great Idea, something to sleep on for sure, gosh maybe I could keep it after all??? Thanks for sharing. Terri

Thanks so much for the info. My new truck is a 2010 Ford 150 4x4, when I originally bought my
Hawk in 2005 I had a Ford 150 4x4 shortbed and the camper fit well but this new truck is only 5 1/2 and the bed is a bit deeper... So your saying if I left the tailgate down it would fit! Wow great Idea, something to sleep on for sure, gosh maybe I could keep it after all??? Thanks for sharing. Terri

My bed is even shorter. 2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab. Check with 4 Wheel. I'm sure they'd show you how it can work. They probably sell new Hawks to folks with your new truck. As I understand it, the Hawk is for short bed full size trucks. They recommended I take the tailgate off anyway as that seemed to work best for others, it just hangs off a bit. If your preference is to keep your Hawk, I think you can work it out.

My bed is even shorter. 2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab. Check with 4 Wheel. I'm sure they'd show you how it can work. They probably sell new Hawks to folks with your new truck. As I understand it, the Hawk is for short bed full size trucks. They recommended I take the tailgate off anyway as that seemed to work best for others, it just hangs off a bit. If your preference is to keep your Hawk, I think you can work it out.

Thank you soooo much, you are very kind for your input. Yes, I talked with FWC today and they suggested how it could work. The bed of my new truck is about 2 inches deeper than my 250 so I have to build a box under the camper to accomodate all that. I have to say this evening I am leaning towards making the new truck compatible with my hawk. I'm having a hard time imagining myself without my home away from home....Terri

Your sooo right, I love my new truck. It is so different from the Ford 250 diesel I traded in. This is my first crew cab, I'm amazed at all the room in the back seat. Yesterday It was raining a bit and I could hear the rain on the roof of the truck because it's so quiet. I just miss having the camper on and hope to resolve that very soon. Do you have a hawk on your crew cab? How much does it hang over? What kind of step do you come up with. Last night I thought of putting a 1 foot extension on the receiving hitch and then using the fold up pet step that works pretty well with the hitch..... Any ideas? Thanks for your reply. Terri

Back
Top Bottom