Short trip - social distance compliant

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
I setup the discada on the deck and cooked fajitas. Not too bad.

3EACD9A7-461C-4249-9294-89C83B5651B9.jpeg

Apologies... I’m bored.

Want my Apple Cake recipe? Actually, it’s from a woman in France. Plagiarism is a sincere form of flattery.

We might do something like that if it stops snowing. :)

We are getting homemade bread and apple pie.

0A8A5B9A-681A-46D6-836C-DF12D3B62390.jpeg

Did the same thing last week in Western Oregon, great weather made for great outdoor cooking. Rains came back, now wishing i was outside. Little things i guess.

Back to snow here after a few days of sun and melting snow,-still to cold/snowy to try to cook outside! A few years ago seems like a little snow and some cold weather would have not stopped me-must be getting old or something! Speaking of being out side-no matter what the weather is, my border collie, Timber, insists on her morning walk and some mad time chasing snow balls or she is grumpy all day. Boy she is keeping me moving, no sitting still for that girl. does me good I guess, Gets me inspired to pull out my maps and start planning that next trip! Still amazed that there are so few people here out walking, especially since everything is closed down. Did smell someone cooking on their BBQ the other day. Enough ramblings-happy cooking and walking to all!

Smoke

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Want my Apple Cake recipe? Actually, it’s from a woman in France. Plagiarism is a sincere form of flattery.

We might do something like that if it stops snowing. :)

We are getting homemade bread and apple pie.

attachicon.gif
0A8A5B9A-681A-46D6-836C-DF12D3B62390.jpeg
Sharon just made us something like that for breakfast today,only using pears.
Sure was yummy.
Shelter in place sure is better when you have a great cook with you.
Frank

Here in North Carolina, we had our first death 24 hours ago and starting tomorrow 3 of the 4 most populous counties are under "stay at home" orders from County Gummint authorities. The State has not yet issued any such orders.

Good thing we did our "March birthdays" cookout on Sunday afternoon, featuring steaming up a half-bushel of Chesapeake Bay oysters, prepping of a half-gallon of creamy oyster stew, steaming of two pounds of shrimp, with a few hot dogs and hamburgers thrown in for good measure. All family members traveled only "intra-zipcode" to our deck overlooking the pond for the gathering.

Keep on Hunkerin'

Foy

Idaho now has a shelter-in-place mandate. But trips to the hills for hiking or snowshoeing appear to be OK:

"People will still be allowed to go for a walk or bike ride, or get outdoors, Little said, but must stay at least six feet away from anyone who is not a member of their household."

Wandering Sagebrush said:
If you’re referring to the green bottle in the background, it would avocado oil, neat.
Thought the green bottle was a robust refreshment! :D

Grilling more, Bison Burgers tonight, got the flyrod out this morning to practice casting, in the low 40's, small mouth bass hiding in deeper water. The "Sanity Walks" have been a life changer, 4-5 miles a day. Keep safe everyone

Yes the daily walks keep the "sanity" up.
We have been to still do almost all our daily routine.
We yoga,some weights and walk our 6 miles a day.

Our house area is the perfect for walking only a few other people around.
What we don't do is go over to Monterey and walk the rec trail by the ocean.
Oh well it's not needed at this time.
We need to stay away from other people to keep the spread down.
That's the best way IMO.
I think this will be the "daily routine" for the foreseeable future.
Sadly to say it's not going away any time soon.

Stay safe out there.
Frank

Walked the dogs in the rain. Made it pretty easy to socially compliant as no one else was crazy enough to be out in the rain. Dogs didn't care it was raining.

Back
Top Bottom