Short trip - social distance compliant

Long walk this morning in the rain. No one else out but the two of us. It has since turned to snow. I expect a tractor ride tomorrow clearing snow.

Getting ready to walk the dog in the snow-only a heavy dusting here last night but still some scattered snow showers going on. My road is slippery and the main problem is making sure to hug the sides of the road to be able to dodge those few vehicles out and about but going to fast down my hill! Am still amazed how few people here are out and about other than the usual crowd; guess I should br happy about that!

Smoke

Good to see people are staying in/social distancing.
IMO it seems to work.
We at least can get out.
My daughter lives in Barcelona .They can only leave their home for food/medicine/essential work.
It seems to be working as the cases have slowed down.
I don't understand why more Americans don't get that concept.
Oh well I can only take care of my family and see to their safety.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
I don't understand why more Americans don't get that concept.
Just a little while ago the local con man knocked on my door and would not leave until I came into the mud room with my phone in hand and told him to get off my &^%&*(() property. I think I have finally stopped shaking.

teledork said:
Just a little while ago the local con man knocked on my door and would not leave until I came into the mud room with my phone in hand and told him to get off my &^%&*(() property. I think I have finally stopped shaking.
What did he want?
I know there is a con going around about the census.
These people show up with very official ID but it's all fake.
You just have to protect yourself.
There's a lot of con jobs going.
Stay safe.
Frank

teledork said:
Glad you got him to leave. Scary stuff. Stay safe.

No actual Census folks will be coming to your house if you've already responded online or by mail. Yet another reason to respond right now if you haven't already.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
What did he want?
I know there is a con going around about the census.
These people show up with very official ID but it's all fake.
You just have to protect yourself.
There's a lot of con jobs going.
Stay safe.
Frank
I think I dealt with one of the census cons several months ago. I think this guy was trying to drum up some work. Going door to door. During a pandemic. In a community that is full of older, retired people. I don't know if I was shaking due to fear or fury. Maybe both.

teledork said:
I think I dealt with one of the census cons several months ago. I think this guy was trying to drum up some work. Going door to door. During a pandemic. In a community that is full of older, retired people. I don't know if I was shaking due to fear or fury. Maybe both.
This reminds me of a little episode that happened to me about 10 years ago.

I was building a spec home here on Smith Mt. Lake and my realtor called me and said she had someone who was interested in the house could she bring them by and could I meet them there.

I said sure. They were nice people from New Jersey and as we were walking out the front door the lady noticed a little nook by the front door and asked what that was for...My realtor who was a born and bread red neck in the nicest possible way said “Oh honey, that’s where you keep the shotgun....

We never saw them again! The joys of living in the South.

smlobx said:
My realtor who was a born and bread red neck in the nicest possible way said “Oh honey, that’s where you keep the shotgun....

We never saw them again! The joys of living in the South.
People wonder why I have a sword in the corner of the mudroom. My late husband was a competitive sword fighter and I have used it to fend off the next door psycho's dog.

teledork said:
People wonder why I have a sword in the corner of the mudroom. My late husband was a competitive sword fighter and I have used it to fend off the next door psycho's dog.
Let me understand you.
Is the guy next door a psycho?
Or is it just his dog that is a psycho?

Oh, yeah. Foil, epee, saber, katana, or broad sword?
Just wondering how the dog handles the parry and riposte? ;)

Paul

I am so far ahead of myself on the summer prep for the house, garage and yard that now I am prepping for winter. :D

PaulT said:
Let me understand you.
Is the guy next door a psycho?
Or is it just his dog that is a psycho?

Oh, yeah. Foil, epee, saber, katana, or broad sword?
Just wondering how the dog handles the parry and riposte? ;)

Paul
Both - but they have blessedly moved away. It is a two handed broadsword. The parry kept the dog at a sword's length as long as I did not turn my back on her.

Back
Top Bottom