Shorter Length Hawk

anonymous

Advanced Member
Anyone else think a shorter length Hawk is a good idea? I would like to keep my tailgate on I really like my backup camera. It would only take a couple inches in a 6.5' bed.

Yes, it's called a Raven and is 10 inches shorter than the Hawk

Even on the 6' 5" bed on the Tundra, I was told I could leave the tailgate on and open but would not be able to remove it once the Hawk was in place....trouble is stepping out of the camper door it is best to step down to clear the opening or step up to enter.

Phil

Personally I find it much much easier to get in and out of the camper with the tail gate off. Plus it's 50
Less lbs then you need to pack around.
Lots of solutions to move a back up camera to a different location. Drj on the message boards found a nice kit to move it. I added my
Back up camera in the license place frame. I find I want every inch of camper I can have. I have a five your old son and just me and him in my grandby and still wish I had more room.

1990 Ford F-250
1997 fwc grandby

Search the forums for custom Ocelot and you will see my shorter than normal Ocelot shell on a Silverado.
I had a Panther prior to this camper and like the new camper much better.
I like the tailgate on and use it as a landing area and platform getting in and out.
I use a three step ladder off to the side and find it easier to get in and out than the Panther.
If I was having one built I would extend it out so I had the whole area rather than have a 3 inch or so gap between the tailgate and camper body.
I bought it used so just adapted to what I had to work with.
Dsrtrat

dsrtrat said:
Search the forums for custom Ocelot and you will see my shorter than normal Ocelot shell on a Silverado.
I had a Panther prior to this camper and like the new camper much better.
I like the tailgate on and use it as a landing area and platform getting in and out.
I use a three step ladder off to the side and find it easier to get in and out than the Panther.
If I was having one built I would extend it out so I had the whole area rather than have a 3 inch or so gap between the tailgate and camper body.
I bought it used so just adapted to what I had to work with.
Dsrtrat
Nice camper, thanks

97grandby said:
Personally I find it much much easier to get in and out of the camper with the tail gate off. Plus it's 50
Less lbs then you need to pack around.
Lots of solutions to move a back up camera to a different location. Drj on the message boards found a nice kit to move it. I added my
Back up camera in the license place frame. I find I want every inch of camper I can have. I have a five your old son and just me and him in my grandby and still wish I had more room.

1990 Ford F-250
1997 fwc grandby
I'd be ok with a plug and play backup camera solution, but I don't want to wire one. And I'd rather not spend $400 on one.

Back
Top Bottom