Sightings thread

BSS

Contributors
White 1st gen tundra with 4wc Eagle headed south on US 395 in Carson City this afternoon. Washington plates, home made wind fairing in front. Thought I'd seen this camper on wtw in the past.

Hope you're having a good trip.

I think this is a great idea for an ongoing thread!
smile.gif

If there seems to be interest I'll "pin" the topic. If it's pinned maybe it should be in the the Truck Campers sub-forum.
huh.gif

Any thoughts?

Great idea.

Wednesday August 1, Sunshine Coast BC, white F250/350 with a new Hawk pulling a nice aluminum fishing boat. Are you here?

Saturday afternoon around 1430, looked like a Hawk heading east on US 50 through Placerville. No more information, I couldn't catch up. :D

Saturday 8/4/12 - most of the day, Black Toyota Crew Cab - lifted - very clean looking - with FWC parked in the Cape Kiwanda / Pacific City / Pelican Brew Pub parking lot....

I kept waiting for them to drive out on the sand and tear it up!

I think if all buyers of pop-up campers were required to be or become WTW members -- kinda like a Union shop -- it would be easier to account for and track them/us.
I see FWC/ATC rigs in Bend all the time with drivers who are strangers to me. I know of 5 WTW members in Bend, but I know that there are more pop-up-camper-owners than that here who could be corralled.
Not only would they, as WTW members, be more-likely to see and respond to these "Sightings" posts, but the GPS tracking device installed in the roof of all campers would make it possible for rigs to be tracked here on the new WTW Camper-Mapping page.

I wonder how could it be enforced for used-camper sales and home-built rigs?
huh.gif

tongue.gif

<snip>
but the GPS tracking device installed in the roof of all campers would make it possible for rigs to be tracked here on the new WTW Camper-Mapping page.
<snip>

Perfect example of advances in technology leading to further erosion of privacy and growth of "big brother." :eek:

Another old fashion sighting - Monday 6 August 2012 1430 hrs east bound US 50 through Placerville, CA - Hawk on white newer generation Tundra still carrying jacks on the corners.

Grey Toyota Tacoma Crew Cab sporting a FWC spotted in Jasper Alberta - 1500 hrs on 6 Aug 2012 - Driver pretty disgruntled fighting for a place at the Gas Pump (ESSO) it was a gong show! Sorry we could not chat.

Who dis?
huh.gif

2012-08-10_15-01-39_FWC.jpg

In downtown Bend, Oregon -- this afternoon (Aug. 10, 2012) at 3pm.

Oregon plates on the truck, and on the FWC the rarely-seen on a pop-up -- even in Oregon -- camper plate. Looks like there's a solar panel on the roof.

Lots of tourists in/around/through Bend this time of year... I guess this could be a local, but if it is local I haven't noticed it before.

Today spotted on hwy#1 south,near Castroville Ca.A 06/07 Tacoma sliver/gray with ATC Bobcat.Two gas cans on rear,two army ammo boxes with "keep fort Ord wild"sticker and spare tire on camper door.Ca. plate started 8N? Rig looked like it was coming from serious dirt road area,judging from the dust.
I am going to have to start carrying my camera to document sightings.
Frank

I am going to have to start carrying my camera to document sightings.
Frank

Yeah, I snagged this with my phone camera. Usually when I see an unknown camper they're driving and I'm driving and I don't have the opportunity for a photo.
rolleyes.gif

I think if all buyers of pop-up campers were required to be or become WTW members -- kinda like a Union shop -- it would be easier to account for and track them/us.
I see FWC/ATC rigs in Bend all the time with drivers who are strangers to me. I know of 5 WTW members in Bend, but I know that there are more pop-up-camper-owners than that here who could be corralled.
Not only would they, as WTW members, be more-likely to see and respond to these "Sightings" posts, but the GPS tracking device installed in the roof of all campers would make it possible for rigs to be tracked here on the new WTW Camper-Mapping page.

huh.gif

tongue.gif

Yeh Mark,you should be "dictator in charge of campers sightings".Ha ha give you something to do in your spare time.

How's kitty? Frank

Yeh Mark,you should be "dictator in charge of campers sightings".Ha ha give you something to do in your spare time.

"Comply! Register your vessel with WTW so that you may be assimilated. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE".
mellow.gif

borg-3c.jpg

WTW Site Team:
borg-2.jpg

Tuesday evening, 7 August 2012, camped at Bob Scott Campground, Highway 50 east of Austin, NV, Tundra with Hawk and mountain bike on the back.

Thursday morning, 9 August 2012, camped at Upper Lehman Campground Great Basin National Park, F-150 with Grandby.

Saturday, 11 August 2012, headed west on Highway 50 in Nevada, Eureka around 1500 hrs, Tacoma with Eagle.

Sunday, 12 August 2012, headed east on Highway 50 in Nevada east side of Austin Summit, 0800 hrs, Tundra with Hawk.

Sunday, 12 August 2012, headed east on Highway 50 in Nevada, east side of Mt. Airy Summit, 0845 hrs. Pickup with Hawk pulling a small red trailer with motorcycle.

Sunday, 12 August 2012, headed east on Highway 50 in California, Echo Summit, 1430 hrs, All Terrain on blue pickup.

Baker, Nevada south side of the road leading to Great Basin National Park about a block or two (edge of town) up from "downtown" sits a mid 90's FWC Ranger II. It has the wings and rear tail lights. It is pretty much just like ours when we bought it. It is sitting on blocks outside. the cabover is supported by the camper jacks. I first saw it 3 years ago, don't know if it is used as a extra room (since the cabover is supported), ever put on a truck, or is for sale. It does not look like it is rotting away.

Baker, Nevada south side of the road leading to Great Basin National Park about a block or two (edge of town) up from "downtown" sits a mid 90's FWC Ranger II. It has the wings and rear tail lights. It is pretty much just like ours when we bought it. It is sitting on blocks outside. the cabover is supported by the camper jacks. I first saw it 3 years ago, don't know if it is used as a extra room (since the cabover is supported), ever put on a truck, or is for sale. It does not look like it is rotting away.

This one?

View attachment 11676

;)

Ski,what is the difference between the FWC Ranger II like yours and the,ATC Bobcat/FWC eagle?
Frank

From what I understand the Ranger II (and the Ranger II was the shorter version of the Ranger - there's a Ranger for sale in LA on Craigslist now) became the FWC Eagle. In size it is about the same. Compared to other older FWC's it has a longer cabover almost like the current extended bed cabover. Most Ranger II's came with the "wings" over the rear bed sides and tail lights. The ATC Bobcat and the FWC Eagle are for similar size trucks. I believe the Bobcat is 2" wider on each side for a total of 4" greater width.

This is all from memory so I'd be happy to be corrected.

All in all, they are all pretty darn close.

Back
Top Bottom