Sightings thread

Bosque Bill said:
It's not just you, Smoke. Even a relative late comer like me (2013) has noticed a difference in my reception by other FWC/ATC owners. Many today I guess have a "meh, it's just a camper" attitude, but I still wave and say "hi" given a chance. From time to time, I still find a fellow enthusiast who is happy to trade stories, tips, and secrets they've found—bless 'em.

Bill
Same here Bill.Most of the other owners are polite/friendly.
One year I ran across a FWC owner at Gros Vante CG in Teton.

He was a past member and for whatever reason was not happy with the site.
I just said hello nice to see you and kept walking.

I always like it when a non owner wants info about our campers.

I try to wave/say hello to all.
Frank

Our sightings in the last week or so in BC and Alberta…

-A picture-perfect black Hawk on a black Ram 2500 on a side street in Revelstoke, BC. BC plates. Super clean and rugged looking.

- A Hawk on a white F150 at the visitor center in Lake Louise, Alberta. Virginia plates. Saw it again on the Icefields Parkway in Banff National Park later that day.

- An ATC Panther on a white Chevy or GMC parked near Highwood Junction off Route 40 in Kananaskis Country, Alberta (southwest of Calgary)

- An ATC Bobcat on a gray Tacoma at Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta

Not sure this would be a 'sightings' but it was a head turner as I drove by. Looks in great exterior shape. Sitting at a curiosity shop here in NE. Lots of old stuff for sale. Is it an AirStream?

Attachments

• Subject.jpg
    Subject.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1474.jpg
    IMG_1474.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 66
You're right Frank... looked like a beast... great camper to have after WW3! I have to admit I have always liked looking at Air Stream campers. Sleek and built forever. Should be towed by a Rolls Royce.

buckland said:
Not sure this would be a 'sightings' but it was a head turner as I drove by. Looks in great exterior shape. Sitting at a curiosity shop here in NE. Lots of old stuff for sale. Is it an AirStream?
Rob, be careful! Aluminitus is a contagious disease.

To the best of my knowledge, Airstream never made a truck camper. The two brands that I’m aware of (Avion and Silver Streak) did, but the pictures don’t quite resemble either. If I had to guess, it most closely matches a Silver Streak, perhaps a variant.

Crooked River State park Georgia .....Granby
No one about to say hi to.

Attachments

• IMG_5213.jpg
    IMG_5213.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 46
White Tacoma, double cab short bed with an AT camper parked on the first bend of the Little Walker Road 2/7 (I think - or 2/8? - retired, rarely know what day it is except mail doesn't come on Sunday)

I had been skiing pretty hard for several hours and I saw the truck from a distance - "oh, there's my truck - wait, no, I can't see my truck from here". My Tacoma and AT camper was on the shoulder of 395. Didn't poke around, saw no one. My dog may have peed on a tire.

The Sunday SF Chronicle has a story about their picks of the 10 best camping places in Ca.
The cover photo shows what I believe to be Gold Bluff CG with a FWC?ATC ? flat bed camper.
Any idea the owner? Frank
IMG_1732.jpeg
IMG_1733.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom