Sightings thread

Just saw a beauty of an Alaskan rig at Burntfork, Wyoming. Looked like a new Alaskan on a new white F350 dually with utility body. Roof AC. Fold down rear porch covering the lower half of the door in back. Idaho plates. Nice!

Saw this beautiful combo at a local campground. 80k original miles a California truck. A tradesman freshened up the camper and the truck was spotless.
CA769541-582-E-4-B66-94-EF-8-A3-EF1091934.jpg

I’m not used to this. We just got into Jackson Hole and so far I’ve seen five Four Wheel Camper rigs, an XP Camper and both Kimbo and Scout hard-sides truck campers.

Was just in Iceland camping for two weeks. Saw a couple of FWCs and a couple of Sun Lites. We had rented a small camper van.

The first for me.
06Sep21 around 2pm.
Hawk on, I think, a silver colored GMC/Chevy Extended Cab heading north on WI42 (the detour route) north of Two Rivers, WI. Maybe heading to Door County. WI42 runs along Lake Michigan shoreline is places. Did not have WI plate. I was cutting the grass and did not get a good long look, nor did they notice my Hawk/GMC in the drive. Just don't FWC's or ATC's in this neck of the woods

Just saw a Fleet on a blue Tacoma at the New York end of the Lake Champlain bridge at Crown Point, New York. Didn’t catch the plates.

We just finished touring the remnants of French and British fortifications at Crown Point Historic Site after a couple of days boondocking in the Adirondacks.

Edited to add…

Caught up with them at a pulloff. Colorado plates. Came east to see the fall colors. We spent a half hour chatting. Really nice folks.

I saw this striking smooth-sided black Hawk on a white Ram 2500 just outside the Green Mountain National Forest a few days ago. We had just left the Austin Brook dispersed camping area and saw it at a country auto-repair shop along Route 100 near Warren, Vermont.

tomsfwcrig.jpg

I thought I'd just stop and take a quick photo but it turned out to be the shop-owner's rig. We chatted for a half-hour or so. He had it at the shop to replace a battery for an upcoming trip to Texas. He had bought it as a shell from the Main Line Overland shop in Bow, New Hampshire two years ago. The owner-built interior cabinetry is faced in a gray lightly-pebbled marine composite panel.

Just met a couple in Arizona on their maiden voyage in their new ATC. Picked it up from Marty and the gang and making their way home to Minnesota. Really enjoying their camper. Good job All Terrain Campets.

Ted said:
Just met a couple in Arizona on their maiden voyage in their new ATC. Picked it up from Marty and the gang and making their way home to Minnesota. Really enjoying their camper. Good job All Terrain Campets.
The ATC crew is the best!

Today about 11:20 (Eastern) a pop-up (FWC or ATC) on a Toyota (Tacoma?) westbound on US 41 near mp 47 in Big Cypress National Preserve, Florida.

It's rare to see any type of pickup camper in The Southeast, so to see 'our' type is special.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
The ATC crew is the best!
Agree 100% !!! I never see any in my area. When traveling through Nova Scotia last Sept I had a lot of people asking questions . One Guy insisted I follow him to his home so he could show his Wife. Another Guy followed me until I pulled into a store and quizzed me for a while.

+1 on tours & questions.

I even handed out brochures until I ran out of brochures. I shoulda gotten commissions. :p

Paul

This morning parked in the marina lot at Flamingo, Everglades, Florida: a FWC Hawk on a Chevy Silverado -- West Virginia plates.

I posted earlier about the scarcity of pickup campers in The East. However, I've seen several camped near me in the Flamingo Campground "Trailer Loop". Why more here? My theory: As a famous national park, Everglades attracts all types from all over, including those who don't normally favor RV-ish campgrounds, e.g., pickup camperers. But if you want to spend time deep inside the park (with a vehicle) it's in this campground or not at all.
This campground is spatially luxurious -- huge gaps between each campsite. They could double the campsite density and still be ok. Very nice.

Sighting in Big Lagoon State Park campground, near Pensacola, Florida:
A newer FWC Hawk on a F250... from some state
... apparently, from one of those states that don't require front plates.
(someday there will be a law... )

Friday, March 4th, there was a FWC on a white truck parked and camped along Lee Flat Road on the western edge of Death Valley National Park. We walked out to Lee Flat Road on our night walk and came within a few hundred yards of the camper with the interior lighted. Did not want to scare the bejesus out of the occupants by knocking to say hello. This is a very remote area. From a great distance, we watched the truck drive out Saturday morning.

Back
Top Bottom