Sightings thread

Bosque Bill said:
It's not just you, Smoke. Even a relative late comer like me (2013) has noticed a difference in my reception by other FWC/ATC owners. Many today I guess have a "meh, it's just a camper" attitude, but I still wave and say "hi" given a chance. From time to time, I still find a fellow enthusiast who is happy to trade stories, tips, and secrets they've found—bless 'em.

Bill
Same here Bill.Most of the other owners are polite/friendly.
One year I ran across a FWC owner at Gros Vante CG in Teton.

He was a past member and for whatever reason was not happy with the site.
I just said hello nice to see you and kept walking.

I always like it when a non owner wants info about our campers.

I try to wave/say hello to all.
Frank

Our sightings in the last week or so in BC and Alberta…

-A picture-perfect black Hawk on a black Ram 2500 on a side street in Revelstoke, BC. BC plates. Super clean and rugged looking.

- A Hawk on a white F150 at the visitor center in Lake Louise, Alberta. Virginia plates. Saw it again on the Icefields Parkway in Banff National Park later that day.

- An ATC Panther on a white Chevy or GMC parked near Highwood Junction off Route 40 in Kananaskis Country, Alberta (southwest of Calgary)

- An ATC Bobcat on a gray Tacoma at Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta

Not sure this would be a 'sightings' but it was a head turner as I drove by. Looks in great exterior shape. Sitting at a curiosity shop here in NE. Lots of old stuff for sale. Is it an AirStream?

Attachments

• Subject.jpg
    Subject.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1474.jpg
    IMG_1474.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 70
You're right Frank... looked like a beast... great camper to have after WW3! I have to admit I have always liked looking at Air Stream campers. Sleek and built forever. Should be towed by a Rolls Royce.

buckland said:
Not sure this would be a 'sightings' but it was a head turner as I drove by. Looks in great exterior shape. Sitting at a curiosity shop here in NE. Lots of old stuff for sale. Is it an AirStream?
Rob, be careful! Aluminitus is a contagious disease.

To the best of my knowledge, Airstream never made a truck camper. The two brands that I’m aware of (Avion and Silver Streak) did, but the pictures don’t quite resemble either. If I had to guess, it most closely matches a Silver Streak, perhaps a variant.

Crooked River State park Georgia .....Granby
No one about to say hi to.

Attachments

• IMG_5213.jpg
    IMG_5213.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 48
White Tacoma, double cab short bed with an AT camper parked on the first bend of the Little Walker Road 2/7 (I think - or 2/8? - retired, rarely know what day it is except mail doesn't come on Sunday)

I had been skiing pretty hard for several hours and I saw the truck from a distance - "oh, there's my truck - wait, no, I can't see my truck from here". My Tacoma and AT camper was on the shoulder of 395. Didn't poke around, saw no one. My dog may have peed on a tire.

The Sunday SF Chronicle has a story about their picks of the 10 best camping places in Ca.
The cover photo shows what I believe to be Gold Bluff CG with a FWC?ATC ? flat bed camper.
Any idea the owner? Frank
IMG_1732.jpeg
IMG_1733.jpeg

Here's an unfortunate sighting report. Today 28 Sept 2024 1330 hrs. highway 88 on the east end of Hope Valley at the bridge over the West Fork Carson River and the entrance to the Kit Carson Campground, we were stopped for quite sometime. A pickup towing a travel trailer and a red Tacoma with a FWC Fleet were involved in a head on. They were being moved out of the roadway prior to being towed when we were on scene. I do not know anything about injuries, but both trucks had extensive front end damage.

Back
Top Bottom