Sightings thread

We weren't waving, we were trying to point out the coffee cup on your roof.

Just kidding. I grabbed my camera to get a shot of a white Ranger heading south on HWY 1 when I suddenly realized just how familiar that rig looked. I thought you were headed south from camp so figured it couldn't be the 3pins. Guess you had to go check out something up north first.

ski3pin said:
Monday, 2 September 2013 around 10 am, saw a FWC Hawk on a white Toyota Tundra, Highway 1 just north of Elk, CA. Rig was heading north driven by pretty woman driver with male passenger. Both were very friendly with arms out the windows waving as we passed.

Ted said:
We weren't waving, we were trying to point out the coffee cup on your roof.

Just kidding. I grabbed my camera to get a shot of a white Ranger heading south on HWY 1 when I suddenly realized just how familiar that rig looked. I thought you were headed south from camp so figured it couldn't be the 3pins. Guess you had to go check out something up north first.
OK...now I get it.
Reading ski3pin's post I wondered why he was so specific about the driver's appearance... :unsure:
:D

Two or three sightings in one day here in Susanville, Some type of other make pop up-big like an Alaskin, at ARCO gas station on West Main Street somewere around 1-130, today Saturday (waved-no reaction) , and about 1/2 hour later saw it (think the same one) heading east out of town by the McD stoplight: a few min's later a FWC-looked Like a FWC Grandby or bigger turning into the Ace/Safeway parking lot from east main st.-didn't get a good look of what color it was! Two many sittings-must be time to move!! :oops: I walked outside to put the spare propane tankmin the FWC and a new Eagle drove by my house-at least the driver waved-is there a "Rondievouis" or something going on around here :) ---and noone told me!!

Smoke

First the NE Tahoe area Sunday the 8th. One heading south past Sand harbor, possibly on a dark blue Tundra. Then a grandby on a white Dodge parked on the road in Incline Village.

Now one on a older white Tundra in Los Angeles (I think). I didn't personally see it. I was checking out this video of 3 mules when it goes by in the background.

Another sightings report from the "mid" west: saw a full size FWC- maybe Hawk- in Ely, Minnesota on Wednesday September 11. They went by fast so I didn't get the make of truck. Waved but I don't think they saw us.

I'm parked next to a sighting right now:
Tacoma (Nevada plates) with a FWC on it and a guy and woman in the cab, just south of Gold Beach, OR, at a beachside pullout off 101. Sept 17, 9:45am.

Saw a bunch of FWCs on a trip this last 3 weeks. Can't remember where they all were exactly. A few on the 101 in Oregon and about 6 of them on the 97 an I5 in North California. Roseberg OR older Granby on F250 for sale. Newport OR Eagle on Tacoma - waved. More but memory fails me.

busboy66 said:
Saw a bunch of FWCs on a trip this last 3 weeks. Can't remember where they all were exactly. A few on the 101 in Oregon and about 6 of them on the 97 an I5 in North California. Roseberg OR older Granby on F250 for sale. Newport OR Eagle on Tacoma - waved. More but memory fails me.
One of those might have been me: FWC Hawk on white F250. In the past 3 weeks I was on I5 and 97 in northern California and Oregon, driving north between Redding, CA and Bend, OR, and a few days ago I was driving north on 101 in southern Oregon.
(could have been any one of hundreds of others, too, of course)

I spotted someone driving north through Newport as I was headed south on 101 on Saturday 9/21. The camper looked to have silver'ish sides? It looked pretty sweet!

I was in a white crew cab Chevy with an older Grandby with a couple kids trikes/bikes on the back....

Wasn't me. I was up in the SF bay area on Saturday. Drove back on Sunday the 22nd. On the way up I saw quite a few different makes on the roads. Most of the time I was too late to get a shot. I did see a special Hawk/Grandby on a silver Raptor up at Pine Creek Pack Station. I will put a pic up when I get them downloaded to my comp. There was also an Alaskan up there too.

Sept 27 to 29, a FWC Hawk on a Dodge Ram pickup in the Upper Blue Lakes Campground on Upper Blue Lake south of Hope Valley in California's Sierra Nevada. It might still be there.

While at YNP Sept 27th/Oct 1st I saw many FWC/ATC campers.Only had the chance to get this one with a photo.
Camped at Madison Junction CG ,Nissan Frontier/FWC Eagle.Nice rig don't see many Nissan's.
Also in the same camp a green 1st gel Tundra/Hawk from Idaho,left before I could stop to chat.
Frank

Attachments

• DSCN4828.jpg
    DSCN4828.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 85
MarkBC said:
One of those might have been me: FWC Hawk on white F250. In the past 3 weeks I was on I5 and 97 in northern California and Oregon, driving north between Redding, CA and Bend, OR, and a few days ago I was driving north on 101 in southern Oregon.
(could have been any one of hundreds of others, too, of course)
Could have been me too :giggle: was out from early Sept until the 26th-saw lot's of them (some FWC, and other types) on 101 in Southern Oregon ( Cape Blanco-Sixes River to the border and No California through the Redwoods Park area and even saw two on coast 1 as they drove by my camp at Westport Union SP, even saw one on 36 between Red Bluff and 101(now there is a road not to take unless you have a motor cycle). They must have been breeding more of late of late, seem to be seeing allot more around :) ! Camera broke so no pictures, but saw some interesting country this trip-not to mention lot's of bad weather!

Smoke

Saw K60N on 395 near Conway summit. Also a white 4-door in the Mono Lake access area north of Lee Vining. And finally a camper on a grey Tacoma was heading southbound near Walker. Seems like we always see lots of pop-ups in the eastern Sierras.

Back
Top Bottom