Sightings thread

Very interesting story, Mark enjoyed reading it.I have run across other "pop up" people seems like most have never heard of WTW so I tell them about the site and hope they might get involved.But some look at me as if I am some sort of "cult"person.Oh well let them have their thoughts.
I always like visiting with other pop up camper people and sharing info with them.
Thanks Frank (not the one from your story)

Two on hy 88 Thurdsay the 11th, three on 395 Friday the 12th, and two in Yosemite Valley saturday the 13th. Damn these things are everywhere !!

I saw one two years or so on the New Jersey Turnpike. Last one I have seen. I am starting to think these Four Wheel Campers are just really good photoshops!

FWC please open a dealer in the East!

Moose man said:
I saw one two years or so on the New Jersey Turnpike. Last one I have seen. I am starting to think these Four Wheel Campers are just really good photoshops!

FWC please open a dealer in the East!
Yes Moose man,we the pop up owners are really space aliens.There is only a small portion of humans who believe us.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Yes Moose man,we the pop up owners are really space aliens.There is only a small portion of humans who believe us.
Frank
Don't you believe him, Moose man. I live not too far from Roswell, and hardly ever see pop-ups (except my own). I do think the space aliens drive pickup trucks, though.

Saw quite a few FWC's over the weekend along 395 on my way to Tahoe and an XP Camper headed down the grade into Bishop on 7/11 about 5:30pm. Not too many of those out there yet, figured it must have been one of the Marc's :D

I saw a very interesting rig about noon in Monterey.A Toyota Sequoia pulling a trailer mounter older Grandby. The real interesting thing about this setup was it was mounted high enough above the trailer bed to allow his kayaks to be stored underneath.Very cool setup.
I followed it for a short distance on hwy 1 N, out of town to see if he was pulling off so I could talk and get a photo,but he just kept at 55 so I had to move on.
"Mr.space alien"
Frank

This one was reported to me - this morning in Placerville, CA a FWC on a truck that was on a flatbed tow vehicle. Interesting thing that caught the RP's eye was that the top was popped up. Anyone here have a bad day?

Saw a smooth-sided Hawk on a white truck turning from Ellison to NM-528 just before noon today. This is the first FWC I've ever seen in Albuquerque. Maybe brand new as it still had the jacks on.

Made a quick overnighter to Monitor Pass this weekend. Saw several FW/AT campers. Saturday morning about 8:00, eastbound on I-80 in Roseville on a Black Nissan. A little later westbound on HWY 50 east of Kyburz, white full size pickup. And late Sunday morning in the parking lot at Carson Summit on HWY 88. Couldn't see the truck but the camper had kayak saddles on the top. Good to see lots of people out there enjoying their campers.

Saw an 80's fleet on a compact truck parked at Foster Lake in Sweet home. Also so a newer fleet on an older red Nissan compact truck southbound just south of Salem on I-5.

Spotted an All Terrain Camper in Ouray, Colorado on Friday July 26th.

Attachments

• Summer-2013-199-web.jpg
    Summer-2013-199-web.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 110
I see them often enough around town that I don't bother reporting those anymore...but this one was different:

Spotted Sunday July 28th, about 3:30pm, eastbound on Oregon Highway 6 about 30 miles east of Tillamook, a FWC (not sure of model) on a small flatbed trailer :oops: being pulled by a red/maroon pickup (not sure of make).

Any of you western-Oregon WTWers know about this?

Monday, 2 September 2013 around 10 am, saw a FWC Hawk on a white Toyota Tundra, Highway 1 just north of Elk, CA. Rig was heading north driven by pretty woman driver with male passenger. Both were very friendly with arms out the windows waving as we passed.

Back
Top Bottom