Silver Spur option question

100acrehuphalump

In a pool of clear crystalline water. Appalachia
Does the Silver Spur upgrade package for either inside or outside or the combination of the two have any equipment upgrades involved or is it just a different colored fabric and or paint? I think it would be nice to have the camper match my truck, but is $16 worth of exterior paint really worth $500? My truck is charcoal gray. It's $500 for the inside or $900 for both, but the website isn't very clear on what that includes. Like does it include a flush sink and stove or not? Or is it just a different colored counter and cushion fabric? Thanks.

The flush mount appliances are an upgrade independent of the interior silver spur package.
I was told that the exterior silver spur package has the upgraded aluminum jack brackets included.

I got the silver outside on my Fleet because my Tacoma is silver. It matches well and looks really good. It doesn't include any other options, except the silver (aluminum) jack brackets on the corners, which otherwise cost extra. Everything is silver on the right side: They painted the refrigerator vents to match (normally white). On the left side, there is still a significant amount of white stuff: Heater, shower and water & power inlets. A lot of the trim, the underside above the cab and the whole roof are white.

Was it worth the extra cost? I don't know.

KILR0Y said:
Were it me, is be using a can of Krylon Fusion to get the plastic doors matching. I can't stand the look of the SS with white doors. Who was it that complained about his white awning with his order? Ray here in Oregon I think.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Wander The West mobile app
I remember that post, it actually made me order my camper without an awning. I'm going to buy the titanium colored awning from Fiama after I pickup my camper. I never thought about painting the water heater and access doors on the driver side. Thanks Kilroy I think I'll give it a try, I'll post a before and after picture, It would be great to see the difference side by side. Cheap mod too.

100acrehuphalump said:
Does the Silver Spur upgrade package for either inside or outside or the combination of the two have any equipment upgrades involved or is it just a different colored fabric and or paint? I think it would be nice to have the camper match my truck, but is $16 worth of exterior paint really worth $500? My truck is charcoal gray. It's $500 for the inside or $900 for both, but the website isn't very clear on what that includes. Like does it include a flush sink and stove or not? Or is it just a different colored counter and cushion fabric? Thanks.
The trim on my Eagle (non silver spur) is charcoal gray and pretty much matches my truck - happy accident I guess. :)

100acrehuphalump said:
I'm just sure how to understand a color wether fabric or paint makes something that much more costly. Surely neither has silver embedded in it?
Same reason why the curtains is a $300 option ;). Joking aside, I'm on the same page as you.

I'm sure I will be pleased with the camper I get. I am sure it will out perform my RTT by many many leagues. I think I can live with a charcoal grey stripe. That at least will match my truck. It's all of the goodies combined which I am excited about, and of course all the new adventures waiting in the wind....

100acrehuphalump said:
and now in 2018... the interior Silver Spur option is $750 .... (was $500 in Jan 2015) is it really just some paint? Ouch. :oops:

I too purchased Silver Spur exterior to match my truck. The white doors have always bugged me :( My 2015 Hawk has white AC power fitting and door too. I think newer models at least that is grey. If anyone has or does paint doors would you please post pics and your results with specs?

My 2018 Grandby flatbed with the Silver Spur exterior has matching gray doors.

I paid for both and it looks a little cooler but the roof is still white. It is something you appreciate on the day you get it. I don't notice the colors at all now and should have put the money in something more useful.

2018 Hawk with Silver Spur in and out. It is just a cosmetic upgrade. We didn't even think about the color of the Fiama awning, but they gave us the titanium color, which matches nicely. The water heater, exterior storage, fridge, propane, and human door are all color matched silver. I think the water and electrical doors are white. I cant remember if the ext. Shower door is white. Regardless, we are happy with how it looks, although it would be nice if the wraparound roof trim was either silver or the dark accent color. The interior upgrade gives you the cabinets and counters with a more modern feel. We feel that those materials will not look dated in another ten years or so. We bought our 1989 house 9 years ago and have been slowly exorcising the honey-oak infestation ever since, so the last thing we wanted in the camper was more light wood finish to look at. The SS floor and trim are nice too.

We got to look at the new red FWC in the showroom, and if red is your thing, it looks great. But the siding is flat, not "corrugated" like the standard and SS models. I really like the corrugated look because it sets the camper apart from other RVs/campers, and it should resist flying rocks and other dings. It sounds like FWC will be selling more color options, but it would be nice to see them offer them in the corrugated siding.

Back
Top Bottom