Silver Touchup

wicked1

I've got some areas of corroded aluminum on my 2015 camper. Silver spur.
Is that finish paint, or just clear over aluminum? Does anyone have a recommendation to match it after I repair the areas?

The existing finish has peeled around some lights. The damage doesn't seem to be deep. So I think I can just sand and refinish the ares (along w/ fixing whatever issue in the lights is causing it. Screws, water, etc...)

Following... my 2015 Hawk Silverspur has done the same. Really sucks having this imperfection on an otherwise great setup. I know it has been posted the "company" says sand and paint but no idea what paint. Heck even if my 2015 was still under warranty dealers are states away :(

I've written FWC two emails over the past month inquiring about the paint.. Not even asking about what to do about the corrosion. Simply asked what touchup paint will match.

No response. Why is touch up paint some sort of secret??

I need to do something about it soon, though, as 'winter is coming'. I guess I can closely inspect the paint that peels off to see if it's silver or clear, and go from there. Doesn't have to be perfect, but I want it to at least match from a distance.

wicked1 said:
I've written FWC two emails over the past month inquiring about the paint.. Not even asking about what to do about the corrosion. Simply asked what touchup paint will match. No response. Why is touch up paint some sort of secret?? I need to do something about it soon, though, as 'winter is coming'. I guess I can closely inspect the paint that peels off to see if it's silver or clear, and go from there. Doesn't have to be perfect, but I want it to at least match from a distance.
Did you reach out to Stan Kennedy (Stan@FourWheel) here on WTW. He is often able to cut through bureaucracy and get needed answers. (stan@fourwh.com)

Well, I tried three different paints.. Thought I had a match, until the sun was shining directly on it. The flakes in the silver spur finish appear to be rainbow reflective, while the plain 'silver' paint is not. I thought I had a match w/ some random toyota touch up color, but it was darker gray.
I didn't want to bother Stan, but... that's my next step.

wicked1 said:
Well, I tried three different paints.. Thought I had a match, until the sun was shining directly on it. The flakes in the silver spur finish appear to be rainbow reflective, while the plain 'silver' paint is not. I thought I had a match w/ some random toyota touch up color, but it was darker gray.
I didn't want to bother Stan, but... that's my next step.
You might try duplicolor wheel paint I think silver 101 is a bit reflective

Thanks. I might try it.

I think my next stop will be an automotive paint shop, though.
One supplied touch-up paint for my car, and it was two parts.. The base color, and the clear had the flakes in it. And, if I really want a match, I might need something similar. Maybe I just need the clear w/ flakes, as the "silver's" I've tried are definitely the correct color. But the sine, reflection, and flake details are totally wrong or non existent.

I'll post if I have any luck.

I wonder if an Autobody paint shop would fix it and how much it may cost? Wicked1 if you find solution please shout!!!

Back
Top Bottom