Silverado Backup Camera

DrJ

I have read through several backup camera options for trucks on our website. However, I never could find one for covering a Chevy Silverado. I installed this backup camera a few months ago when my camper was on my truck for an extended period of time. It makes it so nice to be able to see where things are when you are backing up.
The setup is really pretty simple. I attached the housing of the camera to my FWC hawk. The wires run through the same hole as the factory camera on the tailgate. The beauty of this set up is that the connection pieces are the same as the factory settings so it just plugs in. When I'm done with my camper it unplugs and I can put my tailgate and the factory camera back on easily.
The camera is actually better than the factory one, but it does take a little getting used to because it is not up as high as the tailgate camera - so everything looks closer than it really is.
full

full

full

full

full

I looked at several different options before deciding on this one. There are definetly cheaper ways to do this ($389). But this company custom makes each of these and you can make the connection cord as long as you want. If your camper hung out much further or you wanted it much higher on the camper it would be no problem. The bracket is made to go between the hitch and the bumper. But it worked perfect for mounting directly to my camper. Plus I never need it when I have my tailgate on - I already have the factory camera on it. Here's the link:
http://www.cubbycam.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=105

It's about the same price a getting an OEM camera from Chevy without the bracket. Thanks, been look for something myself that uses my existing wiring and rearview mirror display.

I recently traded trucks to go to a long bed to accommodate a Grandby. With the change in trucks my old back up camera didn't work because the OEM plugs were different.
No problem- I just called Ed from cubbycam who sold me my original camera. I shipped him back the camera and he put on a new plug to fit my Silverado and even redid all of the wiring for the plug with a couple of extra feet. Works great and the set up is super simple. I'm still enjoying it a few years later.

Back
Top Bottom