Slip tank

Curly312

Any ideas, where to put a slip tank with a fwc on board. Where I am roam very limited fuel stations in nothern BC & Ab. Already pack jerry cans for the jet boat.

Never really thought about moving camper back, will try it and see if the tank I have will work. Thanks

Curly312 said:
Never really thought about moving camper back, will try it and see if the tank I have will work. Thanks
moving the camper back WILL shift your weight balance and affect rear departure angles.... not to mention the need to extend your trailer hitch if you tow. Otherwise, it is an attractive option.

^ True that. Gonna depend on the set up. I'm making assumptions like long box, boat J cans relocatable from the rear to midships and towing dictated mild off highway driving.

Another option might be something like these, in case the OP is unfamiliar...

https://rotopax.com/4-5-gallon-fuelpax.html?category_id=31

Yup, more J cans but in interesting shapes. Stuff a few infront of the camper, in a new basement under the camper or hung under the overcab. All affect COG yes. But travelling in the bush, sometimes extra fuel is more important.

Just thinking out loud ...

Thanks guys,gives me a few things to consider. Think over the weekend I will be taking the camper off for storage. Before I do I will make a few cardboard cutouts, thinking about 6 inches wide,with max width and depth,too see how big I could make it with minimal overhang. If my calculations r correct thinking I could get roughly 48 gallons of diesel. But hopefully it wont obstruct my tie down points from truck to camper.
Cheers

Curly312 said:
If my calculations r correct thinking I could get roughly 48 gallons of diesel. But hopefully it wont obstruct my tie down points from truck to camper.
Cheers
Didn't realize you were looking for a diesel solution... that's easier! Why not get an new and larger tank to replace the stock fuel tank? My 2006 gmc has a 26 gal tank stock. I can get up to a 62 gal to replace it with!

Back
Top Bottom