Soft Side Rivets.

trailrider

Advanced Member
What are the 3 rivets on the front and back soft panels. They are midway down. Is there Velcro there that attaches to the lift panel that helps it fold in when lowering the roof?

Something has changed. I now have to tuck material in the front every time I lower the roof. Previously for 8 years I never had to tuck material in.

There are 3 short straps connecting the liner to the lift panel.
As you lower the panel the straps pull the liner in.
Many years ago I made the mistake of lowering the top without
having the door open.
The result was that two of the straps pulled away from the liner and or panel.

Now when I lower the top I use the fan with the door closed so the fan can suck all the air out.
I have found this works great and also makes sure the liner is pulled in all the way around.

Don't worry about then straps,it would be a big job trying to reattach them IMO.

Frank

Much thanks for the explanation. One time I think I had a strong wind blowing in thru the open door when lowering the roof. The strap may have come loose then. I don't have a fan. I wish there was an easy way to reattach the strap. It is only one place I have to tuck in. Probably just one strap.

That happened with our first camper, oops forgot to open the door. Marty fixed it for us in a short time at ATC. We now always use the exhaust fan method as Frank describes above.

Back
Top Bottom