Solar Issue - Resolved

razzle501

I wanted to make a post on some troubleshooting I did in the PV system of a 2018 hawk since I saw a lot of questions when googling and a lot of incorrect an answers. So if you're not getting voltage or power from the panels, do this:

I was getting a panel voltage of 10-12v with no watts through the MPPT controller

- Checked continuity of the wiring
- checked plugs (roof and aux)
- checked charge controller
- reset MPPT controller to default
- removed panel and inspected wiring
- inspected panel cells
- inspected panel bus bars

The last thing I checked was the issue. The connections were done by someone other than me.. and they screwed the connectors into the plastic bus bar retainer.

I removed the connectors and crimped the wires to the bus bar of the panel... all good now showing 20v and 150-180w

Attachments

• IMG_3553.jpeg
    IMG_3553.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3552.jpeg
    IMG_3552.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 34
I wanted to make a post on some troubleshooting I did in the PV system of a 2018 hawk since I saw a lot of questions when googling and a lot of incorrect an answers. So if you're not getting voltage or power from the panels, do this:

I was getting a panel voltage of 10-12v with no watts through the MPPT controller

- Checked continuity of the wiring
- checked plugs (roof and aux)
- checked charge controller
- reset MPPT controller to default
- removed panel and inspected wiring
- inspected panel cells
- inspected panel bus bars

The last thing I checked was the issue. The connections were done by someone other than me.. and they screwed the connectors into the plastic bus bar retainer.

I removed the connectors and crimped the wires to the bus bar of the panel... all good now showing 20v and 150-180w
Those “bus bars” are part of the solar panel itself?

Back
Top Bottom