SOLD 1979 Four Wheel Fleet in Colorado Springs $500

six5

P2143221small.JPGP1013230small.JPGP1013231small.JPGP2143224small.JPG ** SOLD **1979 Four Wheel fleet for sale to someone who will give my old buddy a good home. The furnace and hand pump water work, there is an ice box. The lift panels work to a fashion as the top hinges front and back are shot, see picture. The two jacks are included. 50 amp solar panel with PWM Sunsaver controller, the battery is not included. I don’t think there are any leaks. $500 Bill ** SOLD ** Colorado Springs

Do you know what the length of the camper is or what size truck bed you had it in? From what I could find, it looks like these years might have come in a few different lengths.

The part of the camper that sits in the bed is 7'7". Old Fleets only came in one length AFAIK.The were made to fit long bed midsize trucks like the Toyota (back when they only made one pick up). With a little thinking they will fit a lot of different trucks.I have a 86 model Fleet and it has been on 3 different full size trucks. Dodge 2500 with a flatbed,2000 K2500 ccsb and a 2000 K3500 cclb. Usually a platform needs to be fabbed for a full size truck. I used 3 4x4's and a sheet of plywood to make it fit in the GM's. If you need any more measurements just ask. I have a hand written and drawn file of most old Fleet measurements.

Buckshot62 said:
The part of the camper that sits in the bed is 7'7". Old Fleets only came in one length AFAIK.The were made to fit long bed midsize trucks like the Toyota (back when they only made one pick up). With a little thinking they will fit a lot of different trucks.I have a 86 model Fleet and it has been on 3 different full size trucks. Dodge 2500 with a flatbed,2000 K2500 ccsb and a 2000 K3500 cclb. Usually a platform needs to be fabbed for a full size truck. I used 3 4x4's and a sheet of plywood to make it fit in the GM's. If you need any more measurements just ask. I have a hand written and drawn file of most old Fleet measurements.
Ah, bummer. So you're saying in order to not have overhang onto the tailgate I'd need an 8 foot bed, right?

With an 8' bed you can close the tailgate with the camper in the bed. What bed do you have ? I have seen them in short beds with the tailgate down. I was wrong on post above. I did not have the Fleet on the 2000 K2500 ccsb. I sold that truck before I got the camper.

Currently looking for a project FWC to work on until I get a newer F150. Debating between the short bed, which won't leave me with many options for campers, or the 6.5 foot bed. But, ideally I want to take off the tailgate and not have any overhang. Sounds like an older fleet won't work then.

lkosh said:
Debating between the short bed, which won't leave me with many options for campers, or the 6.5 foot bed. But, ideally I want to take off the tailgate and not have any overhang. Sounds like an older fleet won't work then.
Sigh, does anyone else remember when "short bed" meant 6.5' ?

:p :rolleyes:

I had one of those.. great camper and can be built light..

What condition is the roof in? any signs of leaks? weird smells?

JakeSnapper said:
BBZ, technically I didn’t steal your idea of the wood plank accent wall, you just beat me to it. Haha. My truck is the 5.0. Not sure what my camp weight is right now but I’ve been using a 400 lb hand truck to move it. Either way, airbags on the truck may not be a bad idea.

lkosh said:
Currently looking for a project FWC to work on until I get a newer F150. Debating between the short bed, which won't leave me with many options for campers, or the 6.5 foot bed. But, ideally I want to take off the tailgate and not have any overhang. Sounds like an older fleet won't work then.
This pic is the same camper (but freshly painted) on a 6.5 bed F150.. you can see platform to make it clear the side rails (which is nice for storage).. That camper was gutted and rebuilt without amenities (just a portable heater and coleman stove).. was about 650-700 lbs..

Attachments

• old camper.jpg
    old camper.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 103

Back
Top Bottom