Soon To Order

The Saints

Ok, here is the story. Some of you have seen my logs and comments, wiht the "soon to own" in my signature. I still haven't ordered it but it is getting much closer, and harder to hold my tongue (or fingers) from making comments. I have been reading everything here over and over, looking at all the pictures until I can see them like I was actually there. And most of all STRESSING. I started thinking will my Taco be right for this since alot of you good folk have larger trucks. Will the Supersprings be enough, do I need to put a supercharger on too, do I need to get a ham radio, what about this that and the other thing?
Then I decided that the only reason I am getting this is because it will be for FUN. So with that in mind I thought why stress? I will order my Bobcat real soon (before October now) and start out with the Supersprings. If that isn't good enough, I will try something new, then. I will order my Bobcat built with everything in it, and with extra support for a jerry can on the back, so with that I can make the subtle changes to my truck as needed, and have no worries about what I should have gotten in my camper.
So I have twisted your ears (eyes) long enough, and must say I do feel better for letting it off. Hopefully within the month of August I will order our camper and soon be able to use it.
Thanks for listening

Excellent thought process, pull the trigger and get the camper, the rest is gravy. You can decide later if you want a ham radio, GPS, solar power or other doo-dads. That's part of the fun, getting out there and discovering what little mods or additions would nice to have. The only obvious mod you will have to get is for your suspension, you can even do that while waiting for your camper.

Now go order that camper!

Excellent thought process, pull the trigger and get the camper, the rest is gravy. You can decide later if you want a ham radio, GPS, solar power or other doo-dads. That's part of the fun, getting out there and discovering what little mods or additions would nice to have. The only obvious mod you will have to get is for your suspension, you can even do that while waiting for your camper.

Now go order that camper!

Like SunMan said. But why before October? Unless you're waiting on finances, pull the trigger now. :)

we were waiting until October so we could pay cash. But we refinanced our house with a lower rate and without taking any equity out. with this new lower intrest, we will be able to save more, quicker, and speed up our order, without financing. cool eh? i know it would make my pops happy.

You wont regret it. So nice to be able to setup camp on a whim. not worry bout insects and whatever. Its one purchase I have never had second thoughts about.

Ok, here is the story. Some of you have seen my logs and comments, wiht the "soon to own" in my signature. I still haven't ordered it but it is getting much closer, and harder to hold my tongue (or fingers) from making comments. I have been reading everything here over and over, looking at all the pictures until I can see them like I was actually there. And most of all STRESSING. I started thinking will my Taco be right for this since alot of you good folk have larger trucks. Will the Supersprings be enough, do I need to put a supercharger on too, do I need to get a ham radio, what about this that and the other thing?
Then I decided that the only reason I am getting this is because it will be for FUN. So with that in mind I thought why stress? I will order my Bobcat real soon (before October now) and start out with the Supersprings. If that isn't good enough, I will try something new, then. I will order my Bobcat built with everything in it, and with extra support for a jerry can on the back, so with that I can make the subtle changes to my truck as needed, and have no worries about what I should have gotten in my camper.
So I have twisted your ears (eyes) long enough, and must say I do feel better for letting it off. Hopefully within the month of August I will order our camper and soon be able to use it.
Thanks for listening

Dude it's a no brainer. Buy Pat's truck and be done with it.

We are about to pick up our Bobcat and we will be putting it on an 06 Tacoma. We did not order all the goodies, just refrigerator, furnace, and a couple of smaller things to keep it light. I have yet to put any suspension mods on the truck. We loaded 8 guys in the back and 2 in front and found we were about 1.5 inches above the bump stops so I decided to wait and see. I'll let you know whether I feel it needs bags, Timbrens, etc.

Tacoma best suspension mods: Add-a-Leaf + Airbags + Heavier Shocks = Perfect Ride and Redundancy. It worked great for us and I still have the bags and shocks on the truck, the leaf had to go after we sold the camper. Cost to install and remove the leaf was about the cost of Supersprings installed so it was a break even situation. If I'd known I was going to remove the camper so soon I likely would have gone with Supersprings. Best of Luck and Congrates on the Camper.

What DLN said, though I went Old Man Emu and the airbags. The combination is great and (though fisherman would disagree, I think) does a very good job of controlling the camper load. Overall, I with the exception of suspension upgrades, I think the newer Tacomas are well set up for lightweight campers.

thanks for all the replies. My wife (Valerie) and I are going to sign the re-fi papers this week or next, then order the camper.
We have several of spur of the moment camping excursions already set, if you can call that on a whim. We surf alot and what better way to get out of the water and have a nice cup of tea to help warm up? Plus we love to go to Morro Bay for the day from Santa Cruz and it is a long trip. Now we can start the cruise home and just pull over and camp. aAnd the camper will be big enough to put our boards in when we decide to hike!!
When I order it, and get it I will get pictures. I know other than for me it is not that exciting, but I will still share that with you all.
I decided to just install the Supersprings for starters. If that doesn't make me feel good, there is a guy in town that does suspension. I think I will hire him to make some custom replacement springs, possibly front and back.
Thanks for listening.

ok,the update. signed new refinance papers at 4.5% fixed today, and that saves me alot of money per month. saved up all summer and spring, with a small dip into our already saved money, and tomorrow i get to order the Bobcat. i am going to put almost everyting offered on their price sheet. we are not getting the solar but will wire for that though.
today i went to the local 4x4 shop and ordered the supersprings. the owner suggested i go with the ranch 9000 shocks as well so that i can smooth out the ride when i'm not loaded up for who knows what. I went with them. i hope i'm not goofing up with those. i considered buying new springs all together, but since i'm not a mechanic the cost was too great. and like the owner of the shop said, if things change change in my life and for what ever reason the camper comes off, i wont be stuck with new heavy duty springs giving me a rough ride.
next update tomorrow after i get off the phone with atc.

Rancho 9000's are a fine decision. I had them on a previous rig and they were very good. I've noticed over the past 3 months of having the Hawk on my truck my suspension is now too soft/squishy, so I'm getting ready to order a set for my current ride. I have my original shocks on now, and with 70,000 miles, the last 6,000 with the Hawk, I think I'm about due.

I just put some new 9000's on my rig last week, ran them on my previous two rigs as well. They should suit you fine especially if and when you remove the camper.

here we go again friends,
I ordered the Bobcat just before lunch. Marty helped me through the birthing process and it went easy. Like he said, I ordered everything the Bobcat had to offer except the extra 12 volt outlet and the rear window. The reason I skipped the rear window was because the Jerry can will get in the way.
So he asked when I would like to pick it up and I asked for this Saturday. No problem, but I need a trailer for all the parts. Instead he told me the end of September. Since I am on call the last weekend of September, I will have to somehow wait until the first weekend of October. That just gives me one extra week to buy the gps or satellite stereo. WOO HOO, I am almost actually one of you guys now instead of the dreaming drooler that I am currently.
Unfortunately for you all, I will keep you posted until I can take the pictures.

Another vote for the Rancho's. Had them on for three weeks now, very happy with them.

Best of luck with the new camper!

Back
Top Bottom