Southern Arizona Early Feb

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
Not sure of an exact schedule but I'll likely be heading out to southern Arizona in early Feb. If anyone will be out that way let me know. Also if there's any must visit spots I'd appreciate the suggestions.

Not sure of an exact schedule but I'll likely be heading out to southern Arizona in early Feb. If anyone will be out that way let me know. Also if there's any must visit spots I'd appreciate the suggestions.

I am likely to be heading through there mid month on the way to Joshua and DV. I like Kitt Peak, Organ Pipe has a nice backroad to explore as well. In the Chiracahuas in the SE there are some nice roads, head towards Rustler Park near the top. I think the campground was burned over this past year but there were good boondocking spots, also nearby is Cave Creek Canyon on the East side. Enjoy!

Cave Creek:
800px-Cave_Creek_Canyon.JPG

Arizona?
1.San Juan River day trip with Wild River Expeditions out of Bluff (ok, you start in Utah but you end in Arizona). Camp at the secret "Goldmine Camp".
2.First Mesa, Wallapi, Hopi Rez.
3.Kofa National Wildlife Refuge.

Oh, don't miss Quartzsite. It's at it's peak right now.

Right at the edge of the Kofa's.

I was there last week. Good, wide open camping.

I'm not leaving until the 4th and I'll be back on the 10th. What's your schedule?

I'll be there the 4th through the 10th :p

Kofa NWR is great, as is Cibola NWR.

Although they're in California, I usually stop by the Old Woman Mountains on my way to Arizona (it's a long drive and I have to stop somewhere). They are surrounding by nothing but dessert, a good way to relax for a day. The George Patton Museums is near, also in California. I've never been there - I read about it in a travel magazine last month.

I'll be there the 4th through the 10th :p

The I guess you'll just have to go to Laguna San Ignacio with us in March.

Back
Top Bottom