Spare door? I need one

Wu Wei

Advanced Member
Does anyone have a spare door hanging around? Been on vacation for a couple of weeks and this is what the neighbors sent to me. Bummer, but the crazy part is we haven’t used the camper in over 3 months and it was cleaned out after last use. I guess I should have used the camper for our vacation..

Attachments

• 67F65BAF-69DC-496E-B562-D25CFF39EFD8.jpeg
    67F65BAF-69DC-496E-B562-D25CFF39EFD8.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 146
  • D5318A2B-4169-4004-B967-11F126CA8CF2.jpeg
    D5318A2B-4169-4004-B967-11F126CA8CF2.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 149
No, Mr or Mrs bear wanted to try out the camper. Also some damage on the inside of camper

I’m in the process of ordering a new door from FWC, if that’s the route you end up taking ask for Brenda.

LuckyDan said:
When I was in the market, ATC had a better price on one to fit my Grandby. I ended up repairing mine, but it may pay to shop around.

Good luck.
Concur. For me, even with the savings it would require a 10 hour round trip to pick it up. With FWC I can pick it up at the So Cal dealer and a 3 hour R/T. Cost/logistics.

Called FWC yesterday and will call ATC today. I am down on the central coast and really hoping to pick it up on the way home so I don’t have to pay shipping fees. Hopefully one of them have it in stock.

did you happen to have left some food in the camper that the bear detected from scent??
i have read that some folks use some type of motion sensing alarm, with siren. you can turn on/off remotely. if that bear was successful in finding something, it will probably try and check it out again.
good luck

You would think it was food, but the camper was in the driveway or at work the last 3 months since it was last used. I’ve even seen the bear in the neighborhood, at work, and everything was fine. I just wonder if he knew I was gone or now he’s associated campers with food. I know I am pretty religious about throughly cleaning it out. I have to so this wouldn’t happen. Sounded like it was in the middle of day according to neighbors

Sorry for your loss! Two years ago, I had a bear do similar damage to the door of my South Lake Tahoe cabin (near Fallen Leaf). There was not one crumb of food in the cabin. Sanitary! The bear was just looking for a place to hibernate for the winter.
When at my cabin, which is fairly often, I sleep in my FWC. Twice in the past two years, I have been awoken by a bear sniffing around the camper in the middle of the night. Most recent occurrence was just last month. I have various devices that make extremely loud noise, so that has helped. Like my cabin (when empty of food), I don’t keep any food in my FWC.
A few years ago, one of the Forest Service “Rangers” told us that there are 400 bears living in the Tahoe basin(!). I think that anything that is square and has a door on it is seen by bears as a potential food source.
Again, sorry to see that happen to your 4WC!

Back
Top Bottom