Spotted leaving ATC HQ......

Rockcod

I picked up my Ocelot last week and have spent the best of most days getting to know the ins and outs. So far I've installed the 47 L compressor fridge, tried to flush the water tank, still has a plastic taste so I'll give it another go. I think I've finally found a sweet spot with the ride Rites and tire pressure. I can't say "my truck doesn't even feel it" but it is better than I anticipated with plenty of go.

IMG_1020.JPG

Off to figure out how to post better pictures ;).

It was a great ride home . I am just amazed with the quality fit and finish, this gang did such a great job, every fastener is in order, all angles are perfect ... very pleased.

IMG_1024.JPG

Thanks for the input and kind words. I did go with the 78" wide version, and seems to me to be plenty of room. As I sit on the side sofa, it is hard to imagine I'm in the bed of a truck.. The basic details include sink with elect pump/ heater/side sofa/110volt shore power/ rear wall steps.Fantastic fan over galley/forward manual vent. Two 79 AH AGM EP Deka batteries, group 24. Oh, cold weather pack also.
On the roof,full length Yak tracks/ one 150 watt solar & one 100 watt solar behind F fan, both mounted on Z bar to yak tracks.Nothing else would fit, perhaps another 100 w in front, but I felt the forward mount would create wind disturbance and/or noise (?). Portable exterior plug in on right side near batteries. Self installed 47 L comp fridge and power ,near front slider. Over the course of the build time I made a couple trips to the Cat scale so I could know honest weights including 10 ply tires,Ride Rites, Bilsteins etc. The dry weight listed on the unit is 1074, the actual, closely watched weight came to ...........including jack brackets....jacks are in the garage.
1085..dry. I didn't calculate my lunch ? . I am relieved and feel with all the convenience's that are built in, it's pretty light. I can take pictures of the interior, but I shoot with an Apple 6 + and surf on an Air II tablet. I suppose they will be good enough to get the point across but will apologize for the quality up front :)
Thanks to everyone's input on WTW, for me the wait time went fast as I had, and still do, plenty to learn...

Edit: also roof struts, absolutely needed for me.

Hi Rockcod
Camper looks awesome on your truck. Happy to hear that your ATC meets and exceeds your expectations. They are cool aren't they.
Just in time for some summer camping.
Russ

Thanks Russ,
now it's time to chase the weather I choose...
Fireball, here are few pictures of the interior , if you have a specific angle or item lemme know and I'll do my best.

IMG_1040.JPGIMG_1039.JPG

Beautiful!

Another 5 months to wait until our Ocelot is ready so I can appreciate your happiness.

What are the silver metal protrusions on the inner back wall of your camper?

Off to the mountains with you!!

Hay Rock
I like your cabinet in the rear driver side. That's where we put our Engle refrigerator, mr40 model.
Azcamper I'll take a stab at answering your question. It is bracing for the lifting panel, when collapsed, there is a latch which secures those sections and keeps it flat, so it doesn't sag.
Russ

Rockcod are you using anything to monitor your battery voltage?

CougarCouple said:
Hay Rock
I like your cabinet in the rear driver side. That's where we put our Engle refrigerator, mr40 model.
Azcamper I'll take a stab at answering your question. It is bracing for the lifting panel, when collapsed, there is a latch which secures those sections and keeps it flat, so it doesn't sag.
Russ
Rockcod are you using anything to monitor your battery voltage?
Hi Russ , currently I'm using a handheld fluke meter, not real convenient, I have several questions for those better informed about what numbers are to be expected. I would really like to install the Trimetric most here use , I'm not ready to tackle that just yet. I'm going to get out and use it as it is, keep notes. I've been monitoring the fridge temps also, everything seems to be just fine, but I like numbers,gauges and things to fiddle with so adding an additional monitor will happen.

azcamper,
the silver pull handle in the top of the picture has a web loop and snap to secure the bracing/lifting panel when the top is up. Russ's description is correct.

A

jimjxsn said:
Very nice looking camper Rockcod, congratulations. My Panther is due in about a month. So, living vicariously...
Thanks Jim,
The wait for me went pretty quick, though I did go visit ATC HQ 4 or 5 times just to think ahead, your going to really like your new Panther.

Hay RC
Was wondering about that, I also wanted to be able to monitor voltage. Not ready to add the trimetric controls either. This is what I'm using and although cheap V measures almost the same as my fieldpiece meter. I have noticed the factory system limits solar charge, but will allow vehicle charge. I have 120 volt inverter that can charge and it seems to charge more than the onboard systems . Any way enjoy the camper you have so much time to personalize it.
Russ

Forgot this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00V7XN8C6/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1494012563&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=12+volt+led+voltage+display+with+temperature+and+current&dpPl=1&dpID=417pjzyECKL&ref=plSrch

Rockcod said:
azcamper,
the silver pull handle in the top of the picture has a web loop and snap to secure the bracing/lifting panel when the top is up. Russ's description is correct.

I was talking about the screws that seem to be coming through the lower part of the wall. Looks like two on the drivers side of back door and two on passengers side?

Back
Top Bottom