Spring in Titus Canyon

Roger

I am planning on running Titus and staying in Furnace Creek in early April of this year. What are the road conditions of Titus and how is the camping around early April?

I am running my Tundra 4x4 Long bed with Ranger FWC and family with too much stuff and Stock tires.

I hear it is a pretty mild trail.

Also where can I gas up before hitting Titus? Beatty or earlier?

Thanks

Roger

Roger, last time we drove Titus we followed a brand new Mustang convertible. It is a comfortable dirt road. Gas up in Beatty, it's real close and the cheapest. Spring is the best time to visit Death Valley.

Yes, this was probably stupid. I really wanted to see Titus Canyon and the only opportunity I had was when I was on my way back to the Bay Area from Las Vegas. I drove Titus Canyon at midnight as my lovely wife had to work the next day. It was like driving a country road. Have fun.

Darryl

Titus Canyon is very scenic. It's an easy road for 2wd. Unless there is something special at furnace creek Ranch, you might consider Mesquite Flats camp. It is quieter and less developed. It is just north of where you exit Titus Canyon.

If you are heading out of DV towards the south, I strongly recommend taking the Henry Wade road. It is a very mild dirt road and takes you to Saratoga Springs. At the "T" in the road, just west 1 mile or so from the actual springs is a great place to camp. You'll be all alone in a wonderfully quiet and scenic place.

Attachments

• IMGP2043.jpg
    IMGP2043.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 102
Gene,
Thanks!
I have reservations at the Creek, but I am tempted by the "song of quiet" at Mesquite flats or Henry Wade.

I'll look them up!

Great Picture, BTW!

thanks!

Roger

Titus Canyon is very scenic. It's an easy road for 2wd. Unless there is something special at furnace creek Ranch, you might consider Mesquite Flats camp. It is quieter and less developed. It is just north of where you exit Titus Canyon.

If you are heading out of DV towards the south, I strongly recommend taking the Henry Wade road. It is a very mild dirt road and takes you to Saratoga Springs. At the "T" in the road, just west 1 mile or so from the actual springs is a great place to camp. You'll be all alone in a wonderfully quiet and scenic place.

Thanks to every one who replied. I made Titus and had a windy night in DV!

Remember, fill up in Beatty!

Thanks!

Roger

Attachments

• titus canyon.jpg
    titus canyon.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 111
Nice pic. Roger. I'm glad to hear you made it through Titus canyon. Where did you end up popping the top in DV?

Nice pic. Rodger. I'm glad to hear you made it through Titus canyon. Where did you end up popping the top in DV?

x2

Nice pic. Roger. I'm glad to hear you made it through Titus canyon. Where did you end up popping the top in DV?

It was a hot and windy night, the kids were tired and the wife wanted a real bathroom, so we stayed in Furnace Creek. Not too bad, it was pretty quiet. I thought Mahogany Flat was a bit nicer!

Roger

Back
Top Bottom