Spring thing

MarkBC

The Weatherman
Site Team
This is the official ( :cool:) thread for meteorological spring 2023!
... even if the current weather in the West seems very much still winter.

No power but internet came on.............running on the generator. Here's photos I took around here yesterday, the first day of meteorological spring 2023. Friday evening the next storm comes in with another couple of week of snow predicted.

Winter Storm - February 2023

It's relatively spring-y here today. At 8am it was already up to 32°F.

Spring
by Mary Oliver

Somewhere
a black bear
has just risen from sleep
and is staring

down the mountain.
All night
in the brisk and shallow restlessness
of early spring

I think of her,
her four black fists
flicking the gravel,
her tongue

like a red fire
touching the grass,
the cold water.
There is only one question:

how to love this world.
I think of her
rising
like a black and leafy ledge

to sharpen her claws against
the silence
of the trees.
Whatever else

my life is
with its poems
and its music
and its glass cities,

it is also this dazzling darkness
coming
down the mountain,
breathing and tasting;

all day I think of her -—
her white teeth,
her wordlessness,
her perfect love.

And this maybe more like what we are now experiencing:

Walking to Indian River
by Mary Oliver

I’m ready for spring, but it hasn’t arrived.
Not yet.
Still I take my walk, looking for any early enhancements.
It’s mostly attitude. I’m certain I’ll see something.
I start down the path, peering in all directions.
The mangroves, as always, are standing in their beloved water, their new leaves
very small and tender and pale.
And, look! the way the rising sun strikes them, they could be flowers
opening!

gallery_4841_711_118728.jpeg

AWG_Pics said:
And this maybe more like what we are now experiencing:

Walking to Indian River
by Mary Oliver

I’m ready for spring, but it hasn’t arrived.
Not yet.
Still I take my walk, looking for any early enhancements.
It’s mostly attitude. I’m certain I’ll see something.
I start down the path, peering in all directions.
The mangroves, as always, are standing in their beloved water, their new leaves
very small and tender and pale.
And, look! the way the rising sun strikes them, they could be flowers
opening!
I love Mary Oliver!

The yellow pine pollen first appeared on the hood of the truck on Tuesday Feb 28. At 0424 hrs this morning, thunder booms and lightning flashes woke me up. I reckon Spring is here in North Carolina.

Foy

Incoming....................

Tonight
A chance of rain and snow, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Southeast wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Saturday
Snow, mainly before 4pm, then snow showers after 4pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Steady temperature around 30. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 17 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Saturday Night
Snow before 10pm, then snow showers between 10pm and 4am, then snow after 4am. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 26. Breezy, with a south wind 21 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 13 to 19 inches possible.

Sunday
Snow before 10am, then snow showers after 10am. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. High near 30. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 16 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Sunday Night
Snow showers before 10pm, then snow likely after 10pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Monday
Snow. High near 32. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Monday Night
Snow likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Tuesday
A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 35.

Tuesday Night
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Wednesday
A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 37.

Wednesday Night
A slight chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.

ski3pin said:
Incoming....................

Tonight
A chance of rain and snow, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Southeast wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Saturday
Snow, mainly before 4pm, then snow showers after 4pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Steady temperature around 30. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 17 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Saturday Night
Snow before 10pm, then snow showers between 10pm and 4am, then snow after 4am. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 26. Breezy, with a south wind 21 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 13 to 19 inches possible.

Sunday
Snow before 10am, then snow showers after 10am. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. High near 30. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 16 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Sunday Night
Snow showers before 10pm, then snow likely after 10pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Monday
Snow. High near 32. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Monday Night
Snow likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Tuesday
A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 35.

Tuesday Night
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Wednesday
A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 37.

Wednesday Night
A slight chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
Seems to be making up for past dry spells!

Ok, Ski, guess I will stop grousing about the 3' of snow we have on the ground here in Idaho. Hope you get a break soon!

She's out shoveling the deck. Whiteout conditions. Snow rate is 2" an hour. Not the "spring snow" we get excited about.

Woke to another 10" this morning and another two hours on the tractor and shoveling to keep up. Time for hot chocolate.

A couple of days ago I heard Julie say something I thought I'd never hear, "Maybe we should move to the desert."

Two nights ago Julie asked, "Want to play Scrabble?"
My answer, "My arms are too tired to lift scrabble tiles tonight."

Monte, with amount of snow you folks get, I am surprised that the accumulated piles are not that high. Does it melt a lot between dumps?

Back
Top Bottom