Springtime in Big Sur

SunMan

King Taco
Spring has pretty much sprung in Big Sur. Not much to say about it really, it's Big Sur, it's bitchen.

We drove in the back way:

Attachments

• flower1.jpg
    flower1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 482
  • flower2.jpg
    flower2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 492
  • flower3.jpg
    flower3.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 458
  • flower4.jpg
    flower4.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 429
  • flower5.jpg
    flower5.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 440
Boondocked it the first night...

Attachments

• boon1.jpg
    boon1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 464
  • boon2.jpg
    boon2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 471
  • boon3.jpg
    boon3.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 443
  • boon4.jpg
    boon4.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 455
  • boon5.jpg
    boon5.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 446
We hiked around a bit the next day...

Attachments

• hike1.jpg
    hike1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 414
  • hike2.jpg
    hike2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 467
  • hike3.jpg
    hike3.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 458
  • hike4.jpg
    hike4.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 471
  • hike5.jpg
    hike5.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 439
We camped with the masses at a State Park for our last night, we ate pretty well along the way, and then boogied on home on Sunday. There are loads of poppies and wildfowers everywhere...it's just mind blowing right now.

Attachments

• park1.jpg
    park1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 460
  • park2.jpg
    park2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 453
  • park3.jpg
    park3.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 474
  • park4.jpg
    park4.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 476
  • park5.jpg
    park5.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 459
Great Pics! what a treasure Big Sur is..

Saline the weekend before Big Sur, I read that your going to Alabama hills next weekend...I'll expect a trip report, making it three out of four weekends that you hav gotten after it......Biblical!

TT

Catching the spring bloom, the perfect ocean view campsite, hikes on the coast, and good eats. Wow, Suni, it would be difficult to put together a better trip.

Jeez Sunni....You gave up the Hog Festival and several days with Salty for peace, serenity, beautiful weather, spring flowers, Big Sur, the company of a fine woman, your trusty hound, and good eats?? What the hell's wrong with you??

Angle of truck?

I am wondering what the advantage is of parking the truck with the back lifted? Could you let me know?

Thank you,

Darryl

I am wondering what the advantage is of parking the truck with the back lifted? Could you let me know?

I'm guessing thats just the photo perspective and he's just leveled there. Great fun Sunman - and awesome food as always mr. taco :)

Thank you,

Darryl

The Dog summed it up, there was a pretty significant down slope near the rear end...just trying to keep her level.

Man, spring in Cali. Gotta Love it.
Not quite so nice up here in the Northwest....yet.

Wish I had the chance to get out, though. Thanks for the pics and the kick in the pants to get out of dodge!!

dave in seattle

Sonny,

Nice report and pics. Am slowly working my way down the coast and should be in Bodega Bay tonight, with Big Sur following the next day. This Part of CA coast is one of my all time favorite places in the world. You just can't beat it. :)

Sunman,you just proved it life is sweet! GREAT pictures.
One ? back way to Big Sur,we are always looking for new roads and this one sounds good (we always go up the coast and get mad when we can not enjoy the trip because of everyone in a big hurry to get who knows where.
Thanks
Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Les,Lqhikers

Les,
PM sent

Nice Trip

Nice trip, know some of those spots very well. KK campground is where I had my shake down trip last year in my new camper. Usually good surfing at Sand Dollar as well. Thanks for the great pictures:thumb:

I think I drove past you on HWay 1

On Thursday morning. I was coming into Aptos, near Santa Cruz.

I've lived here my whole life and LOVE Big Sur.

By the way, for those of you who have camped at Big Basin, up in the Santa Cruz mountains, I was talking to the E.D. of The Sempervirens and they just purchased "Little Basin". which is just south of Big Basin. It should be open for camping this summer.:D

On Thursday morning. I was coming into Aptos, near Santa Cruz.

I've lived here my whole life and LOVE Big Sur.

By the way, for those of you who have camped at Big Basin, up in the Santa Cruz mountains, I was talking to the E.D. of The Sempervirens and they just purchased "Little Basin". which is just south of Big Basin. It should be open for camping this summer.:D

Don't think it was me, I wasn't that far north. Maybe it was the other ATC/Tundra guy (Gmanako??) that i saw.

Back
Top Bottom