Storage?

Living The Dream

So I just wanted to my HOA meeting to petition to allow me to leave my truck camper in my car port. I lost.

I really don't want to have my FWC Fleet on my tacoma all the time. Anyone else ran into this problem? What have you done about it?

HELP!

Ace! said:
Run for HOA board member?
This is what a neighbor did after his landscaping was rejected. He now has his landscaping he wanted. Will the HOA approve inclosing part of your carport? If they did you could put it out of sight. Some HOA boards can be very petty.

I would suggest, if you are not able to get on the board, to get like minded individuals to come to the next meeting with you and request the bylaws or CCR, etc. be changed to allow the use. You may also get neighbors next to you that think you're a great person to vouch for you at the meetings. The members of the board are likely voted to those positions. If you can get them to think they will not be supported next time around unless they vote a certain way, or that the rule was a bad rule, they may take up the action and put it to a vote.

As a renter though, you have less vested in the neighborhood and probably an uphill battle.

What are the consequences of just leaving your camper in your carport? I would hate to go down that road but if there are no teeth to the rules and I have my immediate neighbors support I would consider leaving the camper there.

Or for a ludicrous answer, buy a really cheap truck and keep the camper on the cheap truck till you need it. Then switch it to your Tacoma. Might be less frustrating and time saving compared to working with a HOA.

Kolockum said:
Or for a ludicrous answer, buy a really cheap truck and keep the camper on the cheap truck till you need it. Then switch it to your Tacoma. Might be less frustrating and time saving compared to working with a HOA.
In an obnoxious color and that smokes a bit while running :)

Good luck with your dilemma.

Btw, usually HOA board members are volunteers who get stuck serving on the boards even though they would rather not. Those tend to be the good ones.
There are those who are power-trippin' and, well, you know the type... :-(
Good luck!

One advantage of livin in a small town is that you have country/farm friends who don't mind storing an extra farm "ornament"... :)

I lived in an hoa and couldn't leave fast enough. I wasn't using my camping truck much and the state registration lapsed. They took it on them selves to tow and impound it. 400.00 later I got my truck back. Never was sure why it was their business that my truck was parked in my assigned spot and Tags were out of date. Run buddy run.

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Back
Top Bottom