Storing a guitar in a pop up camper

2trout

Hi All

Heading out on a roadtrip, and Im wondering if there are any guitar/mandolin players who have a good way to hang or store stringed instruments in the camper?

Trout

My D-28 travels with me always, in a soft nylon-type case, stored flat within our loft area (i.e., we're 'down' sleepers). In our usage the loft area is dedicated to our clothing, some small gear, and said guitar. But if you're an 'up' sleeper, I haven't any experience stashing a guitar in that kinda setup. Another possible storage spot is parallel against the side window, real easy to access your axe that way. And suspending an instrument from the ceiling seems like it could be an intriguing possibility. Good luck,
Rico

I carry a guitar or old time banjo with me when camping, and both when going to festivals. I use a hard case usually, but will use a soft case for festivals. I just set them next to the window, next to my side dinette when camped, or lay them on top of my folded down dinette when driving. Never thought about suspending or hanging them in the camper.

We carry both in a 65 8' Alaskan non cab-over.

Mandolin is easy, it stores in its case and will fit in the storage under one of the benches.

Guitar in a soft case is a bit more awkward. We store it either on the floor under the dinette when driving, or on top of the wardrobe counter against the window when the camper is pumped up and parked. If I really want it out of my site it goes to the cab of the pickup.

Back
Top Bottom